Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by Rajath Shashidhara <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/16 08:38:04 UTC

Getting the size of a folder

Hello all,
I'm a GSoC participant for Apache OpenOffice.
I need help in this:
I'm trying to get the size of a folder on cmis repo.
using getPropertyValues("cmis:contentStreamLength").toString().
I realized that this works only for cmis:document type and not folder.

Is there a way to get the size of the folder other than adding the sizes of
the individual chidren of the folder?

--
Rajath S,
M.Sc(Hons.) Physics,

Re: Getting the size of a folder

Posted by "Huebel, Jens" <j....@sap.com>.
Hi Rajath,

there is no standardized way to get the size of a folder in an optimized
way. Some repositories implement such a functionality by enhancing the
CMIS query but this is not something you can rely on. There is no better
way than to get the children recursively and get the content size of each
object. Even this might not be the full truth if a repository creates e.g.
renditions in the background.

Jens