Posted to user@spark.apache.org by SK <sk...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/22 23:44:34 UTC

Streaming: HdfsWordCount does not print any output

Hi,

I tried running the HdfsWordCount program in the streaming examples in Spark
1.1.0. I provided a directory in the distributed filesystem as input. This
directory has one text file. However, the only thing that the program keeps
printing is the time - but not the word count. I have not used the streaming
module much, so wanted to find out how I can get the output.

thanks

Re: Streaming: HdfsWordCount does not print any output

Posted by SK <sk...@gmail.com>.
This issue is resolved. The file needs to be created after the program has
started to  execute.

thanks