Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Ashish Nagar <as...@hotwaxmedia.com> on 2009/06/17 10:44:58 UTC

Anonymous user cannot verify or unsubscribe his email address from newsletter subscription

Hi all,

I reviewed the newsletter subscription functionality in ecommerce. I
found that when a registered user signs up for subscription, a
confirmation mail is sent to the user's mail address. Following the link
in the mail, a registered user can activate his subscription entering
the verification code sent to him.

My concern is for the anonymous user. When anonymous user signs up for
newsletter, no verification mail is sent to the user. The partyId is set
to _NA_ and the statusId is set to CLPT_ACCEPTED in the ContactListParty
entity.

I think a verification mail must be sent to the entered email address of
the anonymous user, so that he should be able to verify his email
address before getting it subscribed for newsletter. The mail will
contain a link following which an anonymous user would be able to
subscribe and unsubscribe for newsletter subscription.

Also in MarketingServices.java "createContactListParty" service is
called using userLogin as "system". I was wondering is it correct to use
"system" userLogin instead of "anonymous" userLogin?

Please put your thoughts and suggestions on this. If all agree, i will
create issue for this and provide a patch for the same.

Thanks & Regards,
--
Ashish Nagar