Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Jean Carlo <je...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/05 13:12:52 UTC

About using Ec2MultiRegionSnitch

Hello everyone, I am preparing a cluster single dc in AWS. For the moment
there is not need to have a Multi DC cluster but I would like to avoid a
Snitch migration in the future. I would like to know if
Ec2MultiRegionSnitch works also for cluster single DC. Or The migration
Ec2Snitch to Ec2MultiRegionSnitch is inevitable

Thank you

Jean Carlo

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it" Alan Kay

Re: About using Ec2MultiRegionSnitch

Posted by Oleksandr Shulgin <ol...@zalando.de>.
On Tue, Mar 5, 2019 at 2:24 PM Jeff Jirsa <jj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ec2 multi should work fine in one region, but consider using
> GossipingPropertyFileSnitch if there’s even a chance you’ll want something
> other than AWS regions as dc names - multicloud, hybrid, analytics DCs, etc

For the record, DC names can be adjusted separately by using
cassandra-rackdc.properties file, without going away from EC2 snitches.
Which doesn't give you full control, but is good enough for setting up
analytical DC or for cross-DC migrations while staying within the same AWS
region.

--
Alex

Re: About using Ec2MultiRegionSnitch