Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> on 2009/09/25 18:43:22 UTC

Other dormant modules..

I noticed that we have some other dormant modules.. I think these also
should go into the sandbox.  What do you guys think?  We could always
bring them back in a subsequent release if some demand pops up.  Or
perhaps spin them off with an independent release cycle.

activemq-soaktest
activemq-systest
activemq-protocol-buffer
activemq-book
activemq-test-atomikos

Regards,
Hiram

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Open Source SOA
http://fusesource.com/

Re: Other dormant modules..

Posted by Hiram Chirino <ch...@gmail.com>.
Definitively!

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 12:49 PM, Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net> wrote:
> and maybe activemq-repository-builder ?
>
> Cheers
> --
> Dejan Bosanac

> Blog - http://www.nighttale.net
>

> On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 6:48 PM, Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net> wrote:
>
>> Just wanted to bring that up ...
>> +1
>>
>> And would add
>>
>> activemq-camel-loadtest
>> and probably activemq-groups (Rob what do you think of this?)
>>
>> Cheers
>> --
>> Dejan Bosanac
>>
>> Open Source Integration - http://fusesource.com/
>> ActiveMQ in Action - http://www.manning.com/snyder/
>> Blog - http://www.nighttale.net
>>

>> On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 6:43 PM, Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>wrote:
>>
>>> I noticed that we have some other dormant modules.. I think these also
>>> should go into the sandbox.  What do you guys think?  We could always
>>> bring them back in a subsequent release if some demand pops up.  Or
>>> perhaps spin them off with an independent release cycle.
>>>
>>> activemq-soaktest
>>> activemq-systest
>>> activemq-protocol-buffer
>>> activemq-book
>>> activemq-test-atomikos
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Hiram
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>> Hiram
>>>
>>> Blog: http://hiramchirino.com
>>>
>>> Open Source SOA
>>> http://fusesource.com/

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Open Source SOA
http://fusesource.com/

Re: Other dormant modules..

Posted by Hiram Chirino <ch...@gmail.com>.
ok. this is done now.

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 2:12 PM, Hiram Chirino <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ok... I'll create issues for each module so that it's tracked in the
> jira change log.
>
> On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 1:43 PM, Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 11:14 AM, Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> And message groups and active-blaze - for now

>> +1 to moving all the modules listed in this thread to the sandbox.
>>
>> Bruce
>> --
>> perl -e 'print unpack("u30","D0G)U8V4\@4VYY9&5R\"F)R=6-E+G-N>61E<D\!G;6%I;\"YC;VT*"
>> );'
>>
>> ActiveMQ in Action: http://bit.ly/2je6cQ
>> Blog: http://bruceblog.org/
>> Twitter: http://twitter.com/brucesnyder
>>

> --
> Regards,
> Hiram
>
> Blog: http://hiramchirino.com
>
> Open Source SOA
> http://fusesource.com/

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Open Source SOA
http://fusesource.com/

Re: Other dormant modules..

Posted by Hiram Chirino <ch...@gmail.com>.
ok... I'll create issues for each module so that it's tracked in the
jira change log.

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 1:43 PM, Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 11:14 AM, Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> And message groups and active-blaze - for now
>> On 25 Sep 2009, at 18:07, Hiram Chirino wrote:
>>
>>> and even activemq-perftest.  Seems we have lots of long running / sock
>>> tests that we don't really run during the build.
>>> I don't see the point of leaving these in for now.  I think it may be
>>> best to organize 1 separate module of these tests that we can
>>> periodically execute these against any release of ActiveMQ?

> +1 to moving all the modules listed in this thread to the sandbox.
>
> Bruce
> );'

> Blog: http://bruceblog.org/

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Open Source SOA
http://fusesource.com/

Re: Other dormant modules..

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.

Re: Other dormant modules..

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
And message groups and active-blaze - for now
On 25 Sep 2009, at 18:07, Hiram Chirino wrote:

> and even activemq-perftest.  Seems we have lots of long running / sock
> tests that we don't really run during the build.
> I don't see the point of leaving these in for now.  I think it may be
> best to organize 1 separate module of these tests that we can
> periodically execute these against any release of ActiveMQ?
>

> On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 1:04 PM, Hiram Chirino <ch...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> And how about activemq-camel-loadtest ??
>>
>> On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 12:49 PM, Dejan Bosanac
>> <de...@nighttale.net> wrote:
>>> and maybe activemq-repository-builder ?
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> --
>>> Dejan Bosanac
>>>
>>> Open Source Integration - http://fusesource.com/
>>> ActiveMQ in Action - http://www.manning.com/snyder/
>>> Blog - http://www.nighttale.net

>> --
>> Regards,
>> Hiram
>>
>> Blog: http://hiramchirino.com
>>
>> Open Source SOA
>> http://fusesource.com/
>>

> --
> Regards,
> Hiram
>
> Blog: http://hiramchirino.com
>
> Open Source SOA
> http://fusesource.com/

Rob Davies
http://twitter.com/rajdavies
I work here: http://fusesource.com
My Blog: http://rajdavies.blogspot.com/

Re: Other dormant modules..

Posted by Hiram Chirino <ch...@gmail.com>.
and even activemq-perftest.  Seems we have lots of long running / sock
tests that we don't really run during the build.
I don't see the point of leaving these in for now.  I think it may be
best to organize 1 separate module of these tests that we can
periodically execute these against any release of ActiveMQ?

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 1:04 PM, Hiram Chirino <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> And how about activemq-camel-loadtest ??
>
> On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 12:49 PM, Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net> wrote:
>> and maybe activemq-repository-builder ?
>>
>> Cheers
>> --
>> Dejan Bosanac
>>
>> Open Source Integration - http://fusesource.com/
>> ActiveMQ in Action - http://www.manning.com/snyder/
>> Blog - http://www.nighttale.net
>>

>> On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 6:48 PM, Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Just wanted to bring that up ...
>>> +1
>>>
>>> And would add
>>>
>>> activemq-camel-loadtest
>>> and probably activemq-groups (Rob what do you think of this?)
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> --
>>> Dejan Bosanac
>>>
>>> Open Source Integration - http://fusesource.com/
>>> ActiveMQ in Action - http://www.manning.com/snyder/
>>> Blog - http://www.nighttale.net

> --
> Regards,
> Hiram
>
> Blog: http://hiramchirino.com
>
> Open Source SOA
> http://fusesource.com/

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Open Source SOA
http://fusesource.com/

Re: Other dormant modules..

Posted by Hiram Chirino <ch...@gmail.com>.
And how about activemq-camel-loadtest ??

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 12:49 PM, Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net> wrote:
> and maybe activemq-repository-builder ?
>
> Cheers
> --
> Dejan Bosanac

> Blog - http://www.nighttale.net
>

> On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 6:48 PM, Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net> wrote:
>
>> Just wanted to bring that up ...
>> +1
>>
>> And would add
>>
>> activemq-camel-loadtest
>> and probably activemq-groups (Rob what do you think of this?)
>>
>> Cheers
>> --
>> Dejan Bosanac
>>
>> Open Source Integration - http://fusesource.com/
>> ActiveMQ in Action - http://www.manning.com/snyder/
>> Blog - http://www.nighttale.net
>>

>> On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 6:43 PM, Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>wrote:
>>
>>> I noticed that we have some other dormant modules.. I think these also
>>> should go into the sandbox.  What do you guys think?  We could always
>>> bring them back in a subsequent release if some demand pops up.  Or
>>> perhaps spin them off with an independent release cycle.
>>>
>>> activemq-soaktest
>>> activemq-systest
>>> activemq-protocol-buffer
>>> activemq-book