Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Dr Donald Zarlengo <za...@me.com> on 2013/11/14 07:51:59 UTC

Re: Java Troubles When Trying to Use Mail Merge ODD CLAIMS!!!

Comment based on years of running NASA Top Security and Networked Supercomputer to desktop Experiences.
WE HAD A 20 TO ONE FAILURE RATE OF WINDOWS COMPUTER VS MACINTOSH - BUT THE PROBLEMS ON THE
MACS WHERE ALMOST ALWAYS NOT SERIOUS. JUST A USER NEEDING SOME ASSISTANCE.

Plus Higher Ed Experience with the same performance from MS.

If you do not want to hear the truth. You can not read my comments.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act,  18 U. S. C. 2510-2521  and is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, copying, forwarding or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. If you are the intended recipient but do not wish to receive communication through this medium, please so advise the sender immediately.

On Nov 13, 2013, at 9:20 PM, Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <an...@pitonyak.org> wrote:

Despite Dr. Zarlenga's odd claims, I do believe that it is possible to run Java on Windows. I happen to use Linux, so anything that I say is of course suspect.

A few questions for you.

1. What version of AOO are you using? 4.x? For version 3.x, you need Java 6, for AOO 4, you can use 7.
2. What vesrion of Java. Note that I believe that AOO can only use a 32-bit version of Java, not a 64-bit version.
3. Somewhere under Tools > Options .... you can tell AOO where your Java is installed. This must be set I believe. I cannot check the actual path at the moment (since I don't have AOO installed on the machine I am using now).

There are some comments here:

http://www.openoffice.org/development/releases/4.0.0.html

--
Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php

Java Troubles When Trying to Use Mail Merge ODD CLAIMS!!!

Posted by Dr Donald Zarlengo <za...@me.com>.
All I can surmise, is that one of you is interested in having inter-operability of files, and file structures with OpenOffice.

Donald Zarlenga Ph.D.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act,  18 U. S. C. 2510-2521  and is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, copying, forwarding or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. If you are the intended recipient but do not wish to receive communication through this medium, please so advise the sender immediately.

On Nov 14, 2013, at 1:29 AM, Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM> wrote:

This is an user mailing list for Apache OpenOffice where we like to communicate about
user experiences  / issues with this application.
Your comments are much appreciated as long as they are relevant for Apache OpenOffice.

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.
This is an user mailing list for Apache OpenOffice where we like to
communicate about
user experiences  / issues with this application.
Your comments are much appreciated as long as they are relevant for
Apache OpenOffice.

On 14-11-2013 17:51, Dr Donald Zarlengo wrote:
> Comment based on years of running NASA Top Security and Networked Supercomputer to desktop Experiences.
> WE HAD A 20 TO ONE FAILURE RATE OF WINDOWS COMPUTER VS MACINTOSH - BUT THE PROBLEMS ON THE
> MACS WHERE ALMOST ALWAYS NOT SERIOUS. JUST A USER NEEDING SOME ASSISTANCE.
>

> Plus Higher Ed Experience with the same performance from MS.
>
> If you do not want to hear the truth. You can not read my comments.

Re: Open Office - Get It Together Man.

Posted by ir...@gmail.com.
On Thu, 14 Nov 2013 03:26:29 -0800
Dr Donald Zarlengo <za...@me.com> wrote:

  <SNIP insane babblings from a retard>

  STFU, you imbecile. You're doing nothing but being an absolutely assenine troll.

--
Help spread the word! Learn about Jury Nullification! Help take back our country
from our corrupt: judicial system, police system and government!  www.fija.org

Open Office - Get It Together Man.

Posted by Dr Donald Zarlengo <za...@me.com>.
I have run major, major software development project at NASA and in Higher Ed. a number of USA and international
partners, including China…, Middle East, Cenral America, etc.

Just back up. Give me your phone number, address, etc. so I can resolved this
issue with you person-to-person.

Many categories of applications software, including those covered by OpenOffice.

If you are not working on standarization with in application software that allows
for the interchangability of files created by OpenOffice and other such projects,
then Let Me Know. I have no idea why you do not understand much of anything.

I resent your asinine comments about me.

In what City, State do you live? Perhaps I need to pay you a visit - to find
out what you are really trying to create.

You seem to be a narrow minded troglodyte.

Dr Zarlengo

On Nov 14, 2013, at 1:27 AM, Peter Junge <pe...@gmx.org> wrote:

On 11/14/2013 02:51 PM, Dr Donald Zarlengo wrote:
> Comment based on years of running NASA Top Security and Networked Supercomputer to desktop Experiences.
> WE HAD A 20 TO ONE FAILURE RATE OF WINDOWS COMPUTER VS MACINTOSH - BUT THE PROBLEMS ON THE
> MACS WHERE ALMOST ALWAYS NOT SERIOUS. JUST A USER NEEDING SOME ASSISTANCE.

That is likely true but does neither belong to the original thread nor at this mailing list.

Again, please stop OT discussions. Usually this results in subscribers, who solely interested in the main topic of the ML, leaving.

Thanks
Peter

Posted by Peter Junge <pe...@gmx.org>.

Posted by Peter Junge <pe...@gmx.org>.
On 11/14/2013 05:31 PM, Urmas wrote:
> "Peter Junge":
>
>> Again, please stop OT discussions.
>
> Why do you discuss with the obviously mental person? Just ignore him.

It's my job to not ignore this because I'm one of the moderators of his
list hence I need to send reminders to comply with the scope of the list.

Re: Java Troubles When Trying to Use Mail Merge ODD CLAIMS!!!

Posted by Urmas <da...@gmail.com>.
"Peter Junge":