Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Nils Weinander <ni...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/15 10:29:27 UTC

Solr 4.0 indexing performance

I have just updated from Solr 3.6 to 4.0, using defaults in solrconfig.xml
for both versions. With 4.0, bulk indexing takes about twice the time it
did in 3.6. Is this to be expected, or the result of my lack of optimization
in the configuration?

Nils Weinander

Re: Solr 4.0 indexing performance

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
Did you start from scratch, or did you bulk index into an existing index?
There is some "backcompat" logic in there, which is convenient, but not
necessarily the best performance.

-- Jack Krupansky

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
But slower indexing with solr 4.0 sounds suspicious to me... you compared
your configs? JVM parameters?  GC? IO? CPU?

Otis
--
Performance Monitoring - http://sematext.com/spm

Posted by Nils Weinander <ni...@gmail.com>.