Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Jay W. Reffner" <re...@findlay.edu> on 2003/02/06 16:57:51 UTC

[users@httpd] ProxyPass Infinite Loop

I'm running Apache 2.0.44 with the proxy mod.  I've got the following
lines in my httpd.conf to pass traffic to another web server on the same
box:

ProxyPass        / http://calendar.findlay.edu/
ProxyPassReverse / http://calendar.findlay.edu/

Where the apache server is running on https=443 and http=88

On my remote web server I'm passing traffic to, my default.html page says:

if ((location.port != 443) && (!location.search)) {
    location.replace('https://calendar.findlay.edu/');
}

The remote server is running on http=80

Basically what I'm trying to do is to force people to use https instead
of http and automatically redirect them to the https if they hit http.
When people try to hit the calendar.findlay.edu box they get in an
infinite loop between the apache proxy and the other web server it's
trying to forward to.

Does anyone have a reason for this and how can I circumvent it?  Any
help would be really appreciated.

TIA,
Jay W. Reffner