Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Marco Magistrali <ma...@ariadne.it> on 2001/07/17 09:57:34 UTC

using digest autenticator in tomcat 4

hi all,
I want to use the digest autenthicator with tomcat 4 but I can't!!!!

I put in server.xml         digest="MD5"
I put in my web.xml      <auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>

I try to crypt my password with this method:

            String pippo = "pippo";
            MessageDigest md ;
                    try {

                md = MessageDigest.getInstance("MD5");
                md.reset();
                md.update(pippo.getBytes());
                System.err.println(" dig  "
+(HexUtils.convert(md.digest())));

            } catch (Exception e) {

                System.err.println("credential" + pippo);
            }

    }

and I put the result of system.err in db. It's doesn't work!!!!!!!!!

someone can help me???

tanks!!
Marco