Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Len Dolby <ls...@outlook.com> on 2022/05/12 16:52:16 UTC

Installing jre

Having spent over 3 hours trying to install 32 bit JRE into OO, it’s even MORE frustrating that I’ve had to reregister into OO Forum, only to find I’m now awaiting a secondary email from OO to complete my registration.  Seems MS Outlook is down.  BUT registration’s not the point.
Change of computer/OS to W10 64bit requires reload of OO, plus JRE needed to do even the most basic macro.. Had this problem before – hours of wasted time.
Simple question – OO requires 32 bit JRE. If it can’t be included in the installation (presumably because it’s not open source)  WHY can’t you include a simple link ? There’s dozens of JAVA offerings out there, not everyone (including me) has sufficient knowledge to know which is the right download link.
Sincerely, LEN