Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by "techpyaasa ." <te...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/30 14:08:29 UTC

Difference in token range count

Hi ,

We have c*-2.0.17  with 3 data centers . Each data center has 9 nodes.
vnodes enabled in all nodes.

When I ran -local repair(./nodetool -local repair keyspace_name1
columnfamily_1) on one of data center I saw following print

"Starting repair command #3, repairing *2647 ranges* for keyspace
keyspace_name1"

The count of ranges , it is supposed to be *2304*(256*9) as we have 9
nodes in one data center right but why it is showing as 2647 ranges ??

Can someone please clarify why this difference in token ranges count?

Thanks
techpyaasa

Re: Difference in token range count

Posted by "techpyaasa ." <te...@gmail.com>.
Can someone please reply?

On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 11:25 PM, laxmikanth sadula <laxmikanth524@gmail.com

Posted by laxmikanth sadula <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi Eric,

Thanks for the reply...
RF=3 for all DCs...

On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 9:57 PM, Eric Stevens <mi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What is your replication factor in this DC?
>
> On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 8:08 AM techpyaasa . <te...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi ,
>>
>> We have c*-2.0.17  with 3 data centers . Each data center has 9 nodes. vnodes enabled in all nodes.
>>
>> When I ran -local repair(./nodetool -local repair keyspace_name1 columnfamily_1) on one of data center I saw following print
>>
>> "Starting repair command #3, repairing *2647 ranges* for keyspace keyspace_name1"
>>
>> The count of ranges , it is supposed to be *2304*(256*9) as we have 9 nodes in one data center right but why it is showing as 2647 ranges ??
>>
>> Can someone please clarify why this difference in token ranges count?
>>
>> Thanks
>> techpyaasa

Laxmikanth
99621 38051