Posted to apreq-dev@httpd.apache.org by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com> on 2005/07/08 18:47:41 UTC

Please test 2.06-dev-rc1

Fresh roll of trunk (and backing off the stable release
plan for 2.06):

    http://people.apache.org/~joes/libapreq2-2.06-dev-rc1.tar.gz

Please test and report back.

--
Joe Schaefer

Re: Please test 2.06-dev-rc1

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.
On Fri, 8 Jul 2005, Joe Schaefer wrote:

> Fresh roll of trunk (and backing off the stable release
> plan for 2.06):
>
>     http://people.apache.org/~joes/libapreq2-2.06-dev-rc1.tar.gz
>
> Please test and report back.

I'm away from my Windows machine for a week - if there's
any other Win32 users able to test this, that'd be great.
I tested this about 10 days ago on Windows, and it was OK.

--
best regards,
randy

Re: Please test 2.06-dev-rc1

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.
Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
> Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
>
>> Joe Schaefer wrote:
>>
>>> Fresh roll of trunk (and backing off the stable release
>>> plan for 2.06):
>>>
>>>     http://people.apache.org/~joes/libapreq2-2.06-dev-rc1.tar.gz
>>>
>>> Please test and report back.

gmake docs_install
[lots of docxygen errors]
snipped

cp -a docs /usr/local/apps/httpd-2.1.7/share/libapreq2
cp: illegal option -- a
usage: cp [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-f | -i | -n] [-pv] src target
        cp [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-f | -i | -n] [-pv] src1 ... srcN directory
gmake: *** [docs_install] Error 64

CP on FreeBSD doesn't have the -a option.
I read a linux man page (-a is equivalent to -dpR). FreeBSD doesn't have
-d or -p either.

I believe you want just
cp -R or you'll have to use the "bsd" install script to be portable.

--
END
                 Nothing is impossible.

	http://www.liquidityservicesinc.com

Re: Please test 2.06-dev-rc1

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.
Philip M. Gollucci wrote:

> in
>
> cd glue/perl
>
> gmake test TEST_VERBOSE=1 TEST_FILES="t/apreq/request.t"

Just confirming that this fails under 5.8.7, 2.0.54 prefork, and
mp 2.0.2-dev as well.

Re: Please test 2.06-dev-rc1

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.
Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
> Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
>
>> Joe Schaefer wrote:
>>
>>> Fresh roll of trunk (and backing off the stable release
>>> plan for 2.06):
>>>
>>>     http://people.apache.org/~joes/libapreq2-2.06-dev-rc1.tar.gz
>>>
>>> Please test and report back.
in

cd glue/perl

gmake test TEST_VERBOSE=1 TEST_FILES="t/apreq/request.t"
# testing : basic upload length
# expected: 101000
# received: 101000
ok 13
dubious
	Test returned status 0 (wstat 13, 0xd)
DIED. FAILED tests 14-18
	Failed 5/18 tests, 72.22% okay
Failed Test       Stat Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of Failed

in t/logs/error_log
====================
Attempt to free temp prematurely: SV 0x8443e90.
[Fri Jul 08 14:40:29 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Attempt to free
unreferenced scalar: SV 0x8443e90 at
/usr/local/apps/dev/src/libapreq2-2.06-dev/glue/perl/t/response/TestApReq/request.pm
line 117.

IF I add the -d flag in the Makefile to the PERL lines I get this
# received: 500 Connection reset by peer
not ok 14
# Failed test 14 in t/apreq/request.t at line 28 fail #7
# testing : basic upload length
# expected: 101000
# received: 0
not ok 15

# testing : disabled uploads
# expected: ok
# received: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
# <html><head>
# <title>500 Internal Server Error</title>
# </head><body>
# <h1>Internal Server Error</h1>
# <p>The server encountered an internal error or
# misconfiguration and was unable to complete
# your request.</p>
# <p>Please contact the server administrator,
#  pgollucci@p6m7g8.com and inform them of the time the error occurred,
# and anything you might have done that may have
# caused the error.</p>
# <p>More information about this error may be available
# in the server error log.</p>
# </body></html>
not ok 18
# Failed test 18 in t/apreq/request.t at line 54

This is FBSD 5.4, mod_perl 2.0.2-dev, perl 5.8.7 no ithreads, httpd-2.1.7

I have a feeling its a 2.1.x issue, I'll retry with 2.0.54 shortly.

Re: Please test 2.06-dev-rc1

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.
Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
> Joe Schaefer wrote:
>
>> Fresh roll of trunk (and backing off the stable release
>> plan for 2.06):
>>
>>     http://people.apache.org/~joes/libapreq2-2.06-dev-rc1.tar.gz
>>
>> Please test and report back.
The first thing thats killing me is the autotools versioning
like

aclocal-1.6

Well in FBSD for instantance its installed as aclocal16
(or in my case aclocal19)

same goes for automake and and autoconf.

Not neccessary a bug, but I had to symlink things around.
[I guess I could have specified arguments to ./buildconf]

Re: Please test 2.06-dev-rc1

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.
Joe Schaefer wrote:
> Fresh roll of trunk (and backing off the stable release
> plan for 2.06):
>
>     http://people.apache.org/~joes/libapreq2-2.06-dev-rc1.tar.gz
>
> Please test and report back.

Joe,

the link on the page says 2.05-dev-RC1
I'll have some feedback shortly.

The underlying href is fine though.

Re: Please test 2.06-dev-rc1

Posted by Markus Wichitill <ma...@gmx.de>.
Joe Schaefer wrote:
> Fresh roll of trunk (and backing off the stable release
> plan for 2.06):
>
>     http://people.apache.org/~joes/libapreq2-2.06-dev-rc1.tar.gz
>
> Please test and report back.

Tested ok on Linux, Apache 2.0.54 worker, Perl 5.8.7, mod_perl 2.0.2-dev.