Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Peter Balogh <pe...@nemesys.hu> on 2011/12/18 17:13:47 UTC

Tomcat 6.0.35 NIO CometProcessor redeploy issue

Hi,

I'm not sure, if it's the right list to ask for help in this.
I'm using Tomcat 6.0.35 from Eclipse.
If I change the webapp, and publish it, the next request for the
CometProcessor implementation never ends (I'm inspecting the behavior in
firebug).
Restarting the server seems to fix the problem.
Has anyone met this issue?
Is there any way to prevent it?

Thank you for your help,
Best regards,
Peter Balogh

Re: Tomcat 6.0.35 NIO CometProcessor redeploy issue

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 19/12/2011 17:50, Peter Balogh wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> I've tried to reproduce the issue without Eclipse, but I couldn't.
> The only way I could make tomcat to reload my app was to change the
> autoDeploy tag to true in the server.xml, so I'm not sure, if it's not
> tomcat related.
> Can changing this small change in the server xml make a difference?

Well, Tomcat isn't going to deploy the updated WAR unless that is set to
true. See the docs for details.

> Should I try reporting this to the eclipse forums?

That looks like the right place to start to me.

Mark

Posted by Peter Balogh <pe...@nemesys.hu>.
Hi Mark,

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.