Posted to dev@tajo.apache.org by Atri Sharma <at...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/21 14:39:24 UTC

jdb and tajo

Folks,

I am trying to set breakpoints for running Tajo process with jdb. Is there
a tutorial somewhere?

Atri
*l'apprenant*

Re: jdb and tajo

Posted by Jihoon Son <ji...@apache.org>.
You can find some issues for newbies in Jira at this link.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAJO-1036?jql=project%20%3D%20TAJO%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20labels%20%3D%20newbie%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC
Even though some issues are already taken by others, you may ask to take it
if there are no progress for long time.

Also, you can find unresolved issues at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAJO-1519?jql=project%20%3D%20TAJO%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC.

Among them, I found some issues related to aggregation.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAJO-572

Regards,
Jihoon

Re: jdb and tajo

Posted by Atri Sharma <at...@gmail.com>.
Thanks.

I am working on OLAP functionality addition feature but would require some
easier JIRAs to start off to before I gain enough understanding of code
base to work on OLAP support. Can you please point me to some easier
features that we need,please?

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 10:07 AM, Jihoon Son <gh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Great.
> Maybe these slides are helpful to understand query execution flow of Tajo.
>
> http://www.slideshare.net/hyunsikchoi/tajo-intro
> http://www.slideshare.net/hyunsikchoi/bay-area-hug-28141503
>
> On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 1:31 PM Atri Sharma <at...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Thanks a ton :)
> >
> > The reason I am trying to breakpoint is because I want to get an idea of
> > the code flow and how execution passes in general. So was looking for
> some
> > suitable breakpoints.
> >
> > On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 9:58 AM, Jihoon Son <gh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > It's very easy. You don't need to configure any settings.
> > > Just download it (https://www.jetbrains.com/idea/download/) and open
> > your
> > > tajo project (File -> Open -> choose $TAJO_HOME/pom.xml).

> it

> of

> > > there
> addition,
> > > you
> moment.
> > > So,
> want

> > Is

> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > Atri
> > *l'apprenant*

Atri
*l'apprenant*

Re: jdb and tajo

Posted by Jihoon Son <gh...@gmail.com>.
Great.

Re: jdb and tajo

Posted by Atri Sharma <at...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a ton :)

The reason I am trying to breakpoint is because I want to get an idea of
the code flow and how execution passes in general. So was looking for some
suitable breakpoints.

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 9:58 AM, Jihoon Son <gh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It's very easy. You don't need to configure any settings.
> Just download it (https://www.jetbrains.com/idea/download/) and open your
> tajo project (File -> Open -> choose $TAJO_HOME/pom.xml).
>
> On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 1:23 PM Atri Sharma <at...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Thanks.
> >
> > I have never worked with IntelliJ.Can you guide on setting tajo with it
> > please?
> >
> > On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 6:46 AM, Jihoon Son <ji...@apache.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Atri.
> > > As I know, there's no tutorial for debugging tajo with jdb.
> > > I prefer IDEs, especially Intellij Idea, rather than jdb for debug.
> > > For example, to debug master, I run TajoMaster with the debug mode of
> > IDE.
> > >
> > > However, debugging running master and worker is not so easy because
> there
> > > are many internal threads and interactions between them. In addition,
> you
> > > can easily see TajoServiceException if you pause master for a moment.
> So,
> > > the easiest way is writing a test code for the portion where you want
> > > verify, I think.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Jihoon
> > > 2015년 4월 21일 (화) 오후 9:40, Atri Sharma <at...@gmail.com>님이 작성:

> > > there

> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > Atri
> > *l'apprenant*

Atri
*l'apprenant*

Re: jdb and tajo

Posted by Jihoon Son <gh...@gmail.com>.

Re: jdb and tajo

Posted by Atri Sharma <at...@gmail.com>.
Thanks.

I have never worked with IntelliJ.Can you guide on setting tajo with it
please?

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 6:46 AM, Jihoon Son <ji...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Atri.
> As I know, there's no tutorial for debugging tajo with jdb.
> I prefer IDEs, especially Intellij Idea, rather than jdb for debug.
> For example, to debug master, I run TajoMaster with the debug mode of IDE.
>
> However, debugging running master and worker is not so easy because there
> are many internal threads and interactions between them. In addition, you
> can easily see TajoServiceException if you pause master for a moment. So,
> the easiest way is writing a test code for the portion where you want to
> verify, I think.
>
> Regards,
> Jihoon
> 2015년 4월 21일 (화) 오후 9:40, Atri Sharma <at...@gmail.com>님이 작성:
>
> > Folks,
> >
> > I am trying to set breakpoints for running Tajo process with jdb. Is
> there
> > a tutorial somewhere?
> >
> > --
> > Regards,