Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Wesley Hobbie <ws...@yahoo.com> on 2003/01/19 21:59:09 UTC

connecting Tomcat with Apache

am using Windows XP Pro, Apache 2.0.43, and Tomcat 4.1.15.
Here is the problem, I have Apache working great, I want to be able to serve
JSP pages, I installed Tomcat and have it working fine for standalone,
displays my JSP pages just fine at http://localhost:8080 (which is my Tomcat
port). My Apache port is 80. When I try to open a JSP page on port 80
(with Apache) it ignores all JSP tags such as <jsp:include page="layout.htm"
flush="true"/>, not displaying the page correctly. Somehow I need to
connect Tomcat to Apache to handle my JSP pages but have not had success. I
have read the Apache and Tomcat documentation and tried to edit the config
files accordingly but have not had success. I have also done searches on
the Internet to no avail. The problem seems to be with my Apache config
file (http.conf) in which I state the following as the Tomcat documentation
suggests:
# Using mod_jk.dll to redirect dynamic calls to Tomcat
<IfModule !mod_jk.c>
LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.dll
</IfModule>
JkWorkersFile "%CATALINA_HOME%\conf\workers.properties"
JkLogFile "%CATALINA_HOME%\logs\mod_jk.log
JkMount /servlet/* ajp13
JkMount /*.jsp ajp13
however, I have the mod_jk.dll in the modules folder but when I try to
restart my Apache it fails to restart do to an error, the log file claims
that mod_jk.dll cannot be found in C:\Program Files\Apache
Group\Apache2\modules when I can clearly see it is there.
If you can help, please do, this has frustrated me for days. All help is
much appreciated.