Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Dan Filimon <da...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/16 10:07:52 UTC

Reviewing github.com/tdunning/knn

Hi Ted!

I've looked at the basic theory behind the algorithms and was now
looking at the code.

There seem to be lots of warnings when I open the project in Eclipse.
Mostly related to unparameterized generics but there's also at least
one about a resource leak in FileBasedMatrix:75.
I guess I'll start fixing these as I review the code in my own github
fork and then send you a pull request.

Sounds good?

PS. It seemed reasonable to just e-mail you for concerns relating to
the knn code but we talked about using the dev@ list...

Re: Reviewing github.com/tdunning/knn

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 1:07 AM, Dan Filimon <da...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Ted!
>
> I've looked at the basic theory behind the algorithms and was now
> looking at the code.

Great!

> There seem to be lots of warnings when I open the project in Eclipse.
> Mostly related to unparameterized generics but there's also at least
> one about a resource leak in FileBasedMatrix:75.

FBM is new.  And it may be designed for a resource leak since you can't
unmap a file.

> I guess I'll start fixing these as I review the code in my own github
> fork and then send you a pull request.

Sounds excellent.

> PS. It seemed reasonable to just e-mail you for concerns relating to
> the knn code but we talked about using the dev@ list...

Since this code is headed to Mahout, it is good to keep this on the list.