Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2004/06/04 10:05:35 UTC

Re: Discussion Forum App based on Cocoon

Hi Björn,

> we have to realize a discussion forum to integrate it into
> our cocoon webapps. Is there a free cocoon based outofthebox
> forum available?

I hate to preannounce stuff as it sometimes (too often) happens that I
don't keep my promises afterwards, but: I'm supposed to get a contract
Real Soon Now for a project that includes a forum component, and if it
happens I'll contribute this component to Cocoon.

It would be a simple threaded forum thing, using OBJ to store data, and
meant to be called from Flow.

Best case, this will be in CVS in about two weeks.
Worst case, I don't get the contract, but this is fairly unlikely.

Do you have a specific interface in mind for such a component? If so we
can start discussing it here.

Hope this helps
-Bertrand

Re: Discussion Forum App based on Cocoon

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Le 7 juin 04, à 10:26, Philippe Guillard a écrit :
> ...- If you guys are developing a Forum with better Cocoon tools :
> Flow,
> OJB etc.. can you tell the functionalities you plan to implement, then
> it would be preferable for us to wait for you committers :-)...

What I'm thinking might not be your full-featured forum, just a basic
threaded discussion component, meant to comment articles on a website.

It will use OJB and I'll provide basic Flow-based examples of how to
use it. Expect more concrete news in the next week.

-Bertrand

Re: Discussion Forum App based on Cocoon

Posted by Philippe Guillard <pg...@soociety.com>.
Hi all,

We are working on adapting MVNForum inside cocoon!
We proceeded like this :
modifications it works.
- Model: We used the MVN beans as is
- Control: That's the main thing, we need to adapt everything here,
mostly adapt the initializations made on MVN servlet, rewrite URL
mappings in a sitemap, adapt request parameters & attributes stuff.

Any question ... and also any suggestion wecomed !
Specially :
- I wonder if JSP Generator is robust?
- If you guys are developing a Forum with better Cocoon tools : Flow,
OJB etc.. can you tell the functionalities you plan to implement, then
it would be preferable for us to wait for you committers :-)

Regards,

Phil

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Hi Björn,
>
>> we have to realize a discussion forum to integrate it into
>> our cocoon webapps. Is there a free cocoon based outofthebox
>> forum available?
>

> I hate to preannounce stuff as it sometimes (too often) happens that I
> don't keep my promises afterwards, but: I'm supposed to get a contract
> Real Soon Now for a project that includes a forum component, and if it
> happens I'll contribute this component to Cocoon.
>
> It would be a simple threaded forum thing, using OBJ to store data,
> and meant to be called from Flow.
>
> Best case, this will be in CVS in about two weeks.
> Worst case, I don't get the contract, but this is fairly unlikely.
>
> Do you have a specific interface in mind for such a component? If so
> we can start discussing it here.

The thing I'm most keen to see is integration with a mailserver backend,
giving access to a discussion via both mail and web interfaces.

I'd love to see that, and it would be extremely useful to me.

Regards, Upayavira

Re: Discussion Forum App based on Cocoon

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Björn Voigt dijo:
> No I have no specific interface until now, have a look at
> http://www.mvnforum.com , its an jsp based forum. I am installing
> it now to test its features.

Hi:

Perhaps this link would help:

http://java-source.net/open-source/forum-software

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: Discussion Forum App based on Cocoon

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Le 4 juin 04, à 12:37, Björn Voigt a écrit :
> ...No I have no specific interface until now, have a look at
> http://www.mvnforum.com , its an jsp based forum. I am installing
> it now to test its features.

Thanks, I'll have a look!
-Bertrand

Re: Discussion Forum App based on Cocoon

Posted by Björn Voigt <bv...@hs-harz.de>.
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Hi Björn,
>
>> we have to realize a discussion forum to integrate it into
>> our cocoon webapps. Is there a free cocoon based outofthebox
>> forum available?
>

> I hate to preannounce stuff as it sometimes (too often) happens that I
> don't keep my promises afterwards, but: I'm supposed to get a contract
> Real Soon Now for a project that includes a forum component, and if it
> happens I'll contribute this component to Cocoon.

Its listening really good, I think I can wait two weeks to look at
your code proposal.

> It would be a simple threaded forum thing, using OBJ to store data, and
> meant to be called from Flow.
>
> Best case, this will be in CVS in about two weeks.
> Worst case, I don't get the contract, but this is fairly unlikely.
>
> Do you have a specific interface in mind for such a component? If so we
> can start discussing it here.

No I have no specific interface until now, have a look at
http://www.mvnforum.com , its an jsp based forum. I am installing
it now to test its features.

> Hope this helps
> -Bertran