Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com> on 2007/03/23 15:43:41 UTC

IDEA

Hi all--

I'm just getting my new Macbook Pro set up and I
wanted to give IDEA a try since we get our big free
OSS license and all.  Can anybody give me any pointers
on how best to get set up for Ant development in IDEA?
 I've done Ant dev from the command line for years
now...

TIA,
Matt

Re: IDEA

Posted by James Fuller <ja...@gmail.com>.
I like netbeans out of the lot with respect to its integration with
Ant, but I miss some of the nicities of eclipse.

It may sound silly, but my fav IDE is currently Xcode for most
things....its ant integration is passable...and because I am doing a
bit of cocoa dev means I can switch between things quite easily.

does anyone have advice/exp/recc. of a stripped down java IDE which
integrates well with Ant?

gl, Jim Fuller

Re: IDEA

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Matt/Kevin-
*Most* IDEs will import and export build.xml (at least NetBeans and Oracle JDeveloper both have that capability)
M--
This e-mail message (including attachments, if any) is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, proprietary , confidential and exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
Le présent message électronique (y compris les pièces qui y sont annexées, le cas échéant) s'adresse au destinataire indiqué et peut contenir des renseignements de caractère privé ou confidentiel. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire de ce document, nous vous signalons qu'il est strictement interdit de le diffuser, de le distribuer ou de le reproduire.

Re: IDEA

Posted by Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@gmx.de>.
Hi Matt,

I am doing all my Apache development work with IDEA and I like it very
much. I do not develop Web applications though, just plain Java libraries.

Setting up IDEA to develop Ant is easy, ant-core is one module.

Best regards,

Antoine

Re: IDEA

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com>.