Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Dmitri Plotnikov <dp...@yahoo.com> on 2002/08/20 20:01:27 UTC

[jxpath] JDOM Beta 8 dependency

I implemented support for JDOM in JXPath and was about to check it in,
when I realized that JDOM has never been released since its inception 2
and 1/2 years ago. I belive the reason that it has not been released is
that it implements a pending Java standard (see JSR 102). The latest
available version is Beta 8, it is 5 months old and in my experience is
very high quality.

Does anybody have an opinion as to whether it is ok for the next
release of JXPath to have a dependency on JDOM Beta 8 or we should wait
for the completion of the JSR process and an official release?

- Dmitri

Re: [jxpath] JDOM Beta 8 dependency

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
We use JDOM b8 at work. Its perfectly stable and usable. IMHO, JDOM should
have had a real release way way before now. So I say go for it.

Stephen

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>