Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Laurent Cornelis <la...@ubiquity.be> on 2000/10/03 10:47:17 UTC

How ask Xerces-J don't read DTD when DOM-parsing ?

Hello,

I have a problem with Xerces-J : I want to parse an InputSource which has a DTD but I don't want that the parser read it because the DTD is on the Web and I don't want to be connected all the time . The parser that I use is a DOMParser, I tried a lot of things but nothing works... Help !

Laurent

Re: How ask Xerces-J don't read DTD when DOM-parsing ?

Posted by Andrzej Dmoch <an...@step.pl>.
I don't think so. A non-validating parser has to read the DTD. It should be some other property
like expand-external-entities or something. You'll find it in SAX2 features Xerces documentation.
You can also substitute the default SAX EntityResolver with your own!
Posted by Dmitri Romanovski <Dm...@wisoftware.de>.
hi,