Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Michael Dürig <mi...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/15 15:46:56 UTC

Javadoc: {@code...} instead of ?

Hi,

What do people feel about using {@code null} instead of
<code>null</code> in javadoc? Personally I prefer the second one since
it is lighter on the eye but don't have a strong opinion. I think
however we should use all the same format.

Michael

Re: Javadoc: {@code...} instead of ?

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@adobe.com>.
hi michael

> FWIW: I switched to {@code} in the org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr package
> space.

fine with me... i don't have strong feelings in either way and will
hopefully have not problem adjusting to either solution.
using a common coding style will be a good thing imo. usually i
don't wish to know the author of every single line (and if i do
i use svn blame ;)

regards
angela

> On 15.3.12 16:10, Stefan Guggisberg wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 3:59 PM, Felix Meschberger<fm...@adobe.com>   wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> I didn't know the {@code} tag exists so I always use the<code>...</code>   style.
>>
>> same here. i realize that i am getting old;)
>> i kind of like the {@code} variant but i don't feel strong either way.
>>
>> cheers
>> stefan
>>

>>>    From a formatting POV (allowing to format segments with tags different from<code>) it might really make sense to use the tag instead of the html element.