Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@visi.com> on 2006/07/24 22:35:42 UTC

POJO Style-beans

Going to take a whack at support for EJB 3 POJO Style beans.
Thinking to start here http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/OPENEJB-76

-David

Re: Component interface iTests (was: Re: POJO Style-beans)

Posted by Mohammed Nour <no...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dave...

Would you advice me to do something till you send me the detailed steps of
the iTests ???

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Aug 16, 2006, at 3:44 PM, Mohammed Nour wrote:
> On 8/17/06, David Blevins <da...@visi.com> wrote:
>
>> I'd say that what we should do is work together on a couple of these
>> and get the initiative jump started that way.  The Stateless and
>> Stateful tests are identical in function and form, they just use
>> different beans.  So maybe a smart way to start is that I could do
>> say "OPENEJB-145 iTest: StatelessRemoteJndiTests" and detail the
>> steps and you could do the Stateful equivalent of that test,
>> "OPENEJB-171 iTest: StatefulRemoteJndiTests"
>>

> Sounds good as a simple start step towards the big ones :)

I did OPENEJB-145 all in one commit so that you could examine it and
use it as a template for doing OPENEJB-171.  Here is that commit:
http://fisheye.codehaus.org/changelog/openejb/?cs=2864

Here are the basic steps i did:

  - Copy http://fisheye.codehaus.org/browse/openejb/trunk/openejb3/
openejb-itests/src/main/java/org/openejb/test/stateless/
StatelessJndiTests.java
     - Name the new test org/openejb/test/stateless/
StatelessPojoRemoteJndiTests.java
     - Edit the JNDI name to "client/tests/stateless/
BasicStatelessPojoHome"

  - Edit http://fisheye.codehaus.org/browse/openejb/trunk/openejb3/
openejb-itests/src/main/java/org/openejb/test/stateless/
StatelessTestSuite.java
     - Add a new entry for "suite.addTest(new
StatelessPojoRemoteJndiTests());"

  - Copy http://fisheye.codehaus.org/browse/openejb/trunk/openejb3/
openejb-itests/src/main/java/org/openejb/test/stateless/
BasicStatelessBean.java
     - Name the new class
org.openejb.test.stateless.BasicStatelessPojoBean
     - Delete the part "implements javax.ejb.SessionBean ..."
     - Delete any methods that start with "ejb"

  - Edit http://fisheye.codehaus.org/browse/openejb/trunk/openejb3/
openejb-itests/src/main/resources/META-INF/ejb-jar.xml
     - Copy the session bean called "BasicStatelessBean" to a new
session bean entry called "BasicStatelessPojoBean"
     - Edit the "ejb-class" value of "BasicStatelessPojoBean" to be
org.openejb.test.stateless.BasicStatelessPojoBean

  - Edit http://fisheye.codehaus.org/browse/openejb/trunk/openejb3/
openejb-itests/src/main/resources/META-INF/openejb-jar.xml
     - Copy the deployment entry called "BasicStatelessBean" to a new
entry called "BasicStatelessPojoBean"
     - Edit the "deployment-id" attribute to "client/tests/stateless/
BasicStatelessPojoHome"

  - Edit http://fisheye.codehaus.org/browse/openejb/trunk/openejb3/
container/openejb-core/src/main/resources/META-INF/org.openejb/
spring.xml
     - Copy the element "<entry key="client/tests/stateless/
BasicStatelessHome">"
     - Edit the "key" attribute to "client/tests/stateless/
BasicStatelessPojoHome"
     - Edit the "id" attribute to "client/tests/stateless/
BasicStatelessPojoHome" of "o:statelessDeployment"
     - Edit the "beanClass" attribute to
"org.openejb.test.stateless.BasicStatelessPojoBean"

It'll be the same steps for you, but with "Stateful" instead of
"Stateless" in all the class and package names, etc.  Most the other
tests will follow a similar "copy/modify" rhythm, so this will be a
good exercise.  It'll be a good experience to run through it and see
the test compile and pass.

If you run into any troubles, definitely hit the list up for info.

Thanks,

Posted by Mohammed Nour <no...@gmail.com>.
Hi DBlevins...

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
Hi Mohammed,

Re: POJO Style-beans

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Aug 14, 2006, at 5:03 PM, Mohammed Nour wrote:

> Hi David...
>
> On 8/15/06, David Blevins <da...@visi.com> wrote:
>> We do have deployment and runtime support for POJO
>> Stateless and Stateful beans that have component interfaces (home/
>> remote).  It just uses the deployment descriptor instead of
>> Annotations.
>>
>> Anyone have any thoughts on doing OPENEJB-145 as I detail in this
>> email?  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openejb-
>> development&m=115481372914101&w=2
>

> I could deploy an EJB that has a local Home and local Components
> interfaces
> as OPENEJB-146 requires, but we need to make some changes in the
> deployment
> process more specifically in the validation step so we can deploy
> an EJB
> with a business interface only, I think the current implementation
> requires
> an EJB to have local\remote Home and Component interfaces. So we
> need to
> open JIRA(s) to address this feature and implement it so we can have a
> running iTests for the new features of EJB3.0 .

Right, completing OPENEJB-146 requires Business Interface support
(OPENEJB-90).  Thanks for the note on validation of business
interfaces, I've added another sub-task to OPENEJB-90.  So that gives
us:

   [OPENEJB-90] Business Interface support
     1 [OPENEJB-91] Remote business interfaces via EJBd Server
     2 [OPENEJB-92] Remote business interfaces via IntraVM Server
     3 [OPENEJB-93] Local business interfaces via IntraVM Server
     4 [OPENEJB-94] SessionContext.getBusinessObject(interface)
     5 [OPENEJB-95] JNDI ENC Business Interface references
     6 [OPENEJB-96] Global JNDI Business Interface references
     7 [OPENEJB-97] SessionContext.getInvokedBusinessInterface
     8 [OPENEJB-254] Validation of Business Interfaces

[...]

What's the game plan?

-David

Re: POJO Style-beans

Posted by Mohammed Nour <no...@gmail.com>.
Hi David...

Re: POJO Style-beans

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Re: POJO Style-beans

Posted by Paulo Lopes <pm...@scratchydreams.com>.
Hi,

--
Paulo Lopes
www.scratchydreams.com

Re: POJO Style-beans

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Re: POJO Style-beans

Posted by Mohammed Nour <no...@gmail.com>.
Hi DBlevins...

Re: POJO Style-beans

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Re: POJO Style-beans

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Jul 24, 2006, at 1:35 PM, David Blevins wrote:

> Going to take a whack at support for EJB 3 POJO Style beans.
> Thinking to start here http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/OPENEJB-76

Got some trivial support in the stateless container.  It longer
assumes that all bean instances are subclasses of SessionBean.
Considered dynamically subclassing each bean class to adapt it to be
a SessionBean class, but that would add significant overhead to
startup.  The other downer would be you'd never get to see your bean
classname in the stacktrace, only the generated class name.

Still poking at it.

-David