Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Rony G. Flatscher (Apache)" <ro...@apache.org> on 2014/02/10 11:51:01 UTC

Any news on a new build of 64-bit MacOSX AOO 4.1 (either dayly/developer or snapshot build) ?

Hi there,

is there anywhere a new build of the 64-bit MacOSX AOO 4.1 available (beyond rev. 1560772)? No
matter whether it is a (daily?) developer or an "official" snapshot.

Just would like to see whether an error with a scripting extension is still present (if so, I really
need to debug that script extension locally).

TIA,

---rony

P.S.: It would be nice if
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds> would add the
date to the link when that particular snapshot build got created.

Re: Any news on a new build of 64-bit MacOSX AOO 4.1 (either dayly/developer or snapshot build) ?

Posted by "Rony G. Flatscher" <Ro...@wu.ac.at>.
A few remarks using yesterday's build:

- If letting AOO 4.1 hang around with swriter (doing nothing), after approx. two minutes AOO
crashes: do you need the DiagnosticReport file in case you cannot duplicate this?

- Installing the oxt file containing the script language to "shared", although carried out with
sudo, there is a file opening error and the installation cannot be carried out successfully
(installing the extension for the user works); remember that to be the case with AOO 4.0 already,
found the workaround with the user context and exploiting it; as otherwise installation of the OXT
works on Linuxes in 32- and 64-bit in shared mode works (and used to work on older versions of OOo),
maybe this could be addressed for 4.1?

- Experimenting and attempts for debugging the crash of AOO when editing and executing ooRexx
scripts from the editor, as well as running such scripts directly via "Tools -> Macros -> Run Macro"
I managed somehow to get an "OpenOffice Error" popup that states:

    Title: OpenOffice Error

    com.sun.star.uno.RuntimeException[jni_uno_bridge_error] UNO calling Java method invoke: non-UNO
    exception occurred:
    java.lang.InternalError: Can't start the AWT because Java was started on the first thread.
    Make sure StartOnFirstThread is not specified in your application's info.plist or on the
    command line

    java stack trace:
    com.sun.star.script.framework.provider.oorexx.ScriptImpl.showErrorMessage(ScriptProviderForooRexx.java:920)

Where showErrorMessage(...) employs a javax.swing.JOptionPane.showMessageDialog causing the above
error dialog. Will report this also with the issue tomorrow (have to run, but wanted to give the
crux of what I have found out so far, maybe that helps already a little bit).

In principle the same oxt works flawlessly with the same test-usage patterns on Linux and Windows in
32- and 64-bits, and works with the previous 32-bit AOO on MacOSX.

---rony

Posted by "Rony G. Flatscher (Apache)" <ro...@apache.org>.
Hi Herbert,

On 11.02.2014 17:24, Herbert Duerr wrote:

>>> If you have webspace somewhere then making them available there would be a good start, especially
>>> since these seem to be different problems.
>> Uploaded all of them as a zip-file (including the .*plist) to
>> <http://wi.wu.ac.at/rgf/tmp/aoo/20140211/>.
>
> Thanks! It shows that the update-check problem is caused by an unexpected exception of type
> com::sun::star::ucb::InteractiveNetworkReadException
>
> 10  __cxa_call_unexpected + 129
> 11  libucbhelper4s5abi.dylib ucbhelper::cancelCommandExecution
> 12  libucpdav1.dylib http_dav_ucp::Content::open
> 13  libucpdav1.dylib http_dav_ucp::Content::execute
> 14  libucpdav1.dylib http_dav_ucp::Content::execute
> 15  updatefeed.uno.dylib
> 16  updatefeed.uno.dylib
> 17  updatefeed.uno.dylib
> 18  updchk.uno.dylib checkForUpdates
>
> If you had a way to reproduce this I'd give you debug versions of these libraries so the stack
> would be more precise.
Unfortunately, after trying hard I have not been able to get back to the crashing state.

Will test the next snapshot once it is available.

Kind regards

---rony

Re: Any news on a new build of 64-bit MacOSX AOO 4.1 (either dayly/developer or snapshot build) ?

Posted by Herbert Duerr <hd...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Rony G. Flatscher (Apache)" <ro...@apache.org>.
Hi Herbert,

On 11.02.2014 15:07, Herbert Duerr wrote:

> On 11.02.2014 14:47, Rony G. Flatscher (Apache) wrote:
>> Actually, it does not show anymore! :(
>>
>> Even removed all installed components (AOO, ScriptProvider.oxt), reinstalled AOO alone, then with
>> the ScriptProvider.oxt to no avail.
>
> Thats good news and bad news :-)
I know!
:-)

> However, I still have yesterdays DiagnosticReports which I can make available (at least I can see
>> three different crashes, soffice with a SIGSEGV (linked to the Java awt event thread problem),
>> soffice with a SIGABRT, and a unopkg with a SIGABRT. Altogether I have eleven crash files created
>> with the 64-bit version that you have made kindly available yesterday.
>>
>> Please advise, whether you want all crash files from yesterday and where to put them (issue, make it
>> downloadable, send it as an attachment?)!
>
> If you have webspace somewhere then making them available there would be a good start, especially
> since these seem to be different problems.
Uploaded all of them as a zip-file (including the .*plist) to
<http://wi.wu.ac.at/rgf/tmp/aoo/20140211/>.

>> Removing the ScriptProvider extension (not all of its URLs are valid currently), rerunning the
>> Extension Manager - Check for Updates yields no updates and does not yield a crash.
>
> This check for an extension update with bad URLs is the prime suspect for the
> crash-after-two-minutes. If you are using time machine then checking the difference between the
> current and the older versions of the ScriptProviderForooRexx extension might be interesting.
Well the oxt contains an update xml file that has not been changed since three years (2011-04-28).
The first entry in its update section points to an existing
<http://wi.wu-wien.ac.at/rgf/rexx/OOo/ScriptProviderForooRexx.update.html>, which gives information
how to manually update the extension (there is no automatic update of the extension intended, just
an alert to the user that one might exist).

[Some of the given information needs updates, which I will apply.]

As this information is the same for all platforms (it is basically a Java-based extension that uses
JNI to invoke the ooRexx interpreter, which needs to be installed on the target system, the MacOSX
version of BSF4ooRexx includes the ooRexx interpreter already) and all other platforms do not crash,
there must be something different on the 64-bit MacOSX version. (Also the 32-bit MacOSX version
4.0.x did not exhibit these crashes.)

Best regards,

---rony

Re: Any news on a new build of 64-bit MacOSX AOO 4.1 (either dayly/developer or snapshot build) ?

Posted by Herbert Duerr <hd...@apache.org>.
Hi Rony,

Posted by "Rony G. Flatscher (Apache)" <ro...@apache.org>.
Hi Rory,

On 11.02.2014 15:05, Rory O'Farrell wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Feb 2014 14:47:28 +0100
> "Rony G. Flatscher (Apache)" <ro...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> After pressing the o.k. button, this is followed by another error popup "OpenOffice 4.1.0" with the
>> message "http://www.rexxla.org/updates/ScriptProviderForooRexx.update.xml does not exist.", pressing
>> o.k. yields one error popup after another for each URL that does not exist, e.g.
>> "http://sourceforge.net/projects/bsf4oorexx/files/ScriptProviderForooRexx.update.html".
>>
>> Removing the ScriptProvider extension (not all of its URLs are valid currently), rerunning the
>> Extension Manager - Check for Updates yields no updates and does not yield a crash.
> A quick inspection shows that there is no /updates/ScriptProviderForooRexx.update.xml at that site. So perhaps the Rexx section needs to be written in the light of more up to date information. I know nothing more than I relate here, so cannot help further.
Thanks for your hint. Yes, some of the given update URLs do not exist (anymore, yet), however this
should not cause any crashes to AOO.

The crashes at the moment cannot be reproduced so something has changed with the installation, but I
do not know what.  (Tried vanilla plain installations, having removed the user profile, combined
with the ScriptProvider, without, etc.)

---rony

Re: Any news on a new build of 64-bit MacOSX AOO 4.1 (either dayly/developer or snapshot build) ?

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: Any news on a new build of 64-bit MacOSX AOO 4.1 (either dayly/developer or snapshot build) ?

Posted by "Rony G. Flatscher (Apache)" <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

On 11.02.2014 09:55, Herbert Duerr wrote:
> Hi Rony,
>
> On 10.02.2014 21:14, Rony G. Flatscher (Apache) wrote:
>> A few remarks using yesterday's build:
>>
>> - If letting AOO 4.1 hang around with swriter (doing nothing), after
>> approx. two minutes AOO
>> crashes: do you need the DiagnosticReport file in case you cannot
>> duplicate this?
>
> Yes please.
> There are hints from other users that the crash after a while may have
> to do with the update service having problems. Does the problem persist
> when you disable the automatic update check?
> (OpenOffice->Preferences->OpenOffice->OnlineUpdate->CheckAutomatically)

Or:
- Does the crash occur when you check manually (Menu Help - Check for
Updates...) for a new AOO version?
- Does the crash occur when you check manually (Menu Tools - Extension
Manager - Check for Updates?

Best regards, Oliver.

Posted by Herbert Duerr <hd...@apache.org>.
Hi Rony,