Posted to doc@openoffice.apache.org by Natasha Selvey <ny...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/09 20:14:09 UTC

Proposal: Writer draft outline

I would like to propose some changes to the outline of the Writer draft.
The first change is under the first topic page "Getting to know Writer".
The first subsection is titled "Editing text", but includes "Writer's User
Interface" and "Writer's sidebar", which I consider off-topic. I propose
moving all "Working with text" topics to a separate page.

Current outline:

   1. Getting to know Writer
      1. Editing text (remove this section title, see below changes)
      1. Writer's user interface (move to its own subsection, I think it is
         hidden under "Editing text" and more relevant on its own)
         1. Writer's sidebar (move to its own subsection, same as above)
            2. Working with text (move to its own page, there is a dearth
         of information to be covered)
         3. Numbered list and bullets (move to subsection under "Working
         with Text" page - more relevant under that topic)

Proposed Outline:

   1. Getting to know Writer
      1. Writer's user interface
      2. Writer's Sidebar
   2. Working with text
      1. Numbered list and bullets

Please send me your concerns or an okay to move forward. Thanks.

-Natasha Selvey

Re: Proposal: Writer draft outline

Posted by Alex Stillwell <al...@gmail.com>.
OK

Alex

Posted by Alex Stillwell <al...@gmail.com>.
OK

Alex

> I would like to propose some changes to the outline of the Writer draft.
> The first change is under the first topic page "Getting to know Writer".
> The first subsection is titled "Editing text", but includes "Writer's User
> Interface" and "Writer's sidebar", which I consider off-topic. I propose
> moving all "Working with text" topics to a separate page.
>
> Current outline:
>
>    1. Getting to know Writer
>       1. Editing text (remove this section title, see below changes)
>       1. Writer's user interface (move to its own subsection, I think it
> is
>          hidden under "Editing text" and more relevant on its own)
>          1. Writer's sidebar (move to its own subsection, same as above)
>             2. Working with text (move to its own page, there is a dearth
>          of information to be covered)
>          3. Numbered list and bullets (move to subsection under "Working
>          with Text" page - more relevant under that topic)
>
> Proposed Outline:
>
>    1. Getting to know Writer
>       1. Writer's user interface
>       2. Writer's Sidebar
>    2. Working with text
>       1. Numbered list and bullets
>
> Please send me your concerns or an okay to move forward. Thanks.

+1 from me too. Your changes are a great improvement to the user guide!
Thanks!

Regards
Ricardo

Posted by Ricardo Berlasso <rg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.
Natasha Selvey wrote:
> I would like to propose some changes to the outline of the Writer draft.
> The first change is under the first topic page "Getting to know Writer".
> The first subsection is titled "Editing text", but includes "Writer's User
> Interface" and "Writer's sidebar", which I consider off-topic. I propose
> moving all "Working with text" topics to a separate page.
>
> Current outline:
>
>     1. Getting to know Writer
>        1. Editing text (remove this section title, see below changes)
>        1. Writer's user interface (move to its own subsection, I think it is
>           hidden under "Editing text" and more relevant on its own)
>           1. Writer's sidebar (move to its own subsection, same as above)
>              2. Working with text (move to its own page, there is a dearth
>           of information to be covered)
>           3. Numbered list and bullets (move to subsection under "Working
>           with Text" page - more relevant under that topic)
>
> Proposed Outline:
>
>     1. Getting to know Writer
>        1. Writer's user interface
>        2. Writer's Sidebar
>     2. Working with text
>        1. Numbered list and bullets
>
> Please send me your concerns or an okay to move forward. Thanks.
>
> -Natasha Selvey

Natasha;

+1 Your proposed changes make sense to me and I believe they would
enhance the quality of the documentation.

Since you phrased it as a proposal I would wait 72 hours and if there is
no negative feedback then assume lazy consensus and proceed to make the
changes.

Regards
Keith