Posted to user@any23.apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/16 23:41:06 UTC

Re: user Digest 16 Jul 2013 16:53:25 -0000 Issue 40

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 9:53 AM, <us...@any23.apache.org> wrote:

> Just wondering if the latest GA candidate for Apache Any23 has the Bug
> ANY23-115 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ANY23-115> fixed in it ,
> this is a major flaw , because many pages are not being parsed at all
> because of this.
>

> Unfortunately not no. Our main justification for releasing this code...
was merely to release it as there were a number of improvements and we also
(as a community) really needed to push another release IMHO.
Are you able to review the Microdata Parser (which is where the problem
seems to be) and submit a patch?
Thanks for bringing this up again.
Best
Lewis

Re: user Digest 16 Jul 2013 16:53:25 -0000 Issue 40

Posted by "S.L" <si...@gmail.com>.
Lewis,

Unfortunately I do not have the familiarity with the code to submit a patch
, can you please give me a few pointers, is this a non-trivial task which
requires a significant amount of dev and that is why is being postponed and
not addressed ?.

This looks like a critical piece of functionality to me , I am not sure
what other uses cases Any23 addresses if parsing schema.org fails, can you
please enlighten me ?

Thanks