Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Jerome Lelasseux <le...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2023/06/02 17:44:27 UTC

Re: Why Maven build app always recompiles ?

 Thank you Martin that was my problem !   Switching OFF useIncrementalCompilation did the trick, it's really counter-intuitive...

    Le lundi 22 mai 2023 à 23:17:38 UTC+2, Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.com> a écrit :

Hello Jerome

Le 22/05/2023 à 22:53, Jerome Lelasseux a écrit :

On my NB platform app, if I open a single module and build it, it recompiles only when source files are modified, as expected. But when I run Build on the parent project, maven always recompiles all modules. Is it normal ?

 I do not know if this is related to the issue that you are observing, but the maven-compiler-plugin has a weird behavior where we actually need to disable incremental build in order to get incremental build. The issue is described here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MCOMPILER-209

    Martin