Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2009/07/22 11:04:21 UTC

[ATTN] HttpClient 4.0 GA / HttpCore 4.1-alpha1 release votes

Folks,

If I hear no objections I would like to proceed with cutting official release
packages for HttpClient 4.0 and HttpCore 4.1-alpha1 and calling the release
votes.

Sebastian,

Do you need more time to review the packages?

Oleg

Re: [ATTN] HttpClient 4.0 GA / HttpCore 4.1-alpha1 release votes

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 10:09:16AM +0100, sebb wrote:
>> On 29/07/2009, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
>>> On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 10:40:47AM +0100, sebb wrote:
>>>  > On 22/07/2009, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
>>>  > > Folks,
>>>  > >
>>>  > >  If I hear no objections I would like to proceed with cutting official release
>>>  > >  packages for HttpClient 4.0 and HttpCore 4.1-alpha1 and calling the release
>>>  > >  votes.
>>>  > >
>>>  > >  Sebastian,
>>>  > >
>>>  > >  Do you need more time to review the packages?
>>>  >
>>>  > Yes please.
>>>  >
>>>  > I hope to review the code later this week (still getting back to
>>>  > normal after 24 hrs travelling!).
>>>  >

>>> Hi Sebastian
>>>
>>>  How long do you think it is going to take you to complete the review?
>>>
>> Sorry, got side-tracked by JMeter and related stuff.
>>
>> I've finished looking at HttpClient; I think the only remaining issue
>> is what to do about SSLSocketFactory. Several options:
>>
>> * do nothing
>> * document thread-safety issue with setter/getter methods
>> * make field volatile
>> * make field final and remove getter/setter (breaks API)
>>

> Let's just make it volatile and get it over with. It is just unfortunate the
> release got delayed over what is essentially a non issue.
>

>> I would like to revisit HttpCore. I'll try and do that before the weekend.
>>

> Sure. Take your time with HttpCore. However, can I meanwhile start cutting the
> official release packages for HttpClient 4.0? HttpClient 4.0 does not depend on
> HttpCore 4.1a1 in any way. The two releases are completely unrelated.

Sebastian

I am not sure if no answer means yes or no. There are currently two
releases put on hold per your request. I understand you are busy. Do
take time if you need more time to review the packages but _please_ let
me know at least an approximate time frame.

Oleg

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.