Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Jan Hentschel <ja...@ultratendency.com> on 2020/01/29 17:28:15 UTC

Proposing new GitHub labels for branches

As we’re using GitHub PRs more and more (and not only for getting changes into master), I would like to propose the introduction of GitHub labels to mark the target branch of a PR, such as “branch-2” for a PR going to branch-2. This would make it easier on the PR overview page to see the target branch of a PR without opening the PR itself. In a second step we can automate it to let GitHub label PRs for us instead of doing it manually. Any objections?

Re: Proposing new GitHub labels for branches

Posted by Jan Hentschel <ja...@ultratendency.com>.
For me it would just be a helper to directly see what branch a PR is going against, not a replacement for Jira.

From: Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>
Date: Wednesday, January 29, 2020 at 7:34 PM
To: "dev@hbase.apache.org" <de...@hbase.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Proposing new GitHub labels for branches

As long as we are still clear that this is a supplement to Jira and not
a replacement, no objections.

We should be sure that any additional sugar we add to help wrangle open
pull-requests doesn't conflict with Jira being the one source of truth.

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.