Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Xiao JIANG <ji...@outlook.com> on 2015/08/08 00:06:02 UTC

How to get total CPU consumption for Spark job

Hi all,
I was running some Hive/spark job on hadoop cluster.  I want to see how spark helps improve not only the elapsed time but also the total CPU consumption.
For Hive, I can get the 'Total MapReduce CPU Time Spent' from the log when the job finishes. But I didn't find any CPU stats for Spark jobs from either spark log or web UI. Is there any place I can find the total CPU consumption for my spark job? Thanks!
Here is the version info: Spark version 1.3.0 Using Scala version 2.10.4, Java 1.7.0_67
Thanks!Xiao

Re: How to get total CPU consumption for Spark job

Posted by gen tang <ge...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Spark UI or logs don't provide the situation of cluster. However, you can
use Ganglia to monitor the situation of cluster. In spark-ec2, there is an
option to install ganglia automatically.

If you use CDH, you can also use Cloudera manager.

Cheers
Gen