Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Rob Bradley <ro...@visionsolutions.com> on 2009/06/12 20:23:09 UTC

Can I stop users adding portlets more than once?

I am in the process of moving a number of portlets from Liferay over to
Jetspeed. So far I've been pleased with the transition however something I
cannot find is the ability to stop users adding a portlet to a page more
than once which in Liferay I was able to control on a case-by-case basis.

Is there any way to achieve this in Jetspeed? I'm currently working with
version 2.1.3.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Rob

Re: Can I stop users adding portlets more than once?

Posted by David Sean Taylor <d....@onehippo.com>.
On Jun 12, 2009, at 11:23 AM, Rob Bradley wrote:

> I am in the process of moving a number of portlets from Liferay over
> Jetspeed. So far I've been pleased with the transition however
> something I
> cannot find is the ability to stop users adding a portlet to a page
> more
> than once which in Liferay I was able to control on a case-by-case
> basis.
>
> Is there any way to achieve this in Jetspeed? I'm currently working
> with
> version 2.1.3.
>
> Many thanks in advance for your help.

Unfortunately we don't have that feature. Add a JIRA issue for a new
feature here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2

I am looking into a new design for the portlet selector, but I'd still
be willing to add this feature to the Category Portlet Selector in the
2.1.4/2.2.1 development branches/trunk