Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Jeff Kubina <je...@gmail.com> on 2019/08/12 11:26:37 UTC

Algorithm or Data Structure Used for Selecting Next Record when Merging rfiles

Could someone tell me the algorithm or data structure used for selecting
the next record when merging a set of rfiles, or where in the code base the
operation occurs? Thanks.

Re: Algorithm or Data Structure Used for Selecting Next Record when Merging rfiles

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.
MultiIterator[1] which is a HeapIterator[2] is used to merge rfiles.

[1]: https://github.com/apache/accumulo/blob/c99a22387bfe3f2de93c6a27727d7b38054a699b/core/src/main/java/org/apache/accumulo/core/iterators/system/MultiIterator.java
[2]: https://github.com/apache/accumulo/blob/c99a22387bfe3f2de93c6a27727d7b38054a699b/core/src/main/java/org/apache/accumulo/core/iterators/system/HeapIterator.java