Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Serlet Jean-Claude <je...@insee.fr> on 2006/03/15 15:28:28 UTC

RE: HTTP 500 error JasperException: Unable to compile class for J SP

Don't forget :
CATALINA_HOME : the directory where you have installed Tomcat
CATALINA_BASE : the directory where you install  your web applications
They could be the same but, that is my point of vue, it is better to have
two distinct repertories

Jean-Claude

Posted by Stuart Lowes <st...@internode.on.net>.
Thanks for the responses. :) I'm still unable to get this working
though, the same error is produced. Is it possible I am missing a
dependency or two? apt-get in Debian installs a few dependencies
automatically, but maybe there are some others not specified in the .deb
dependency list?

Serlet Jean-Claude wrote:
> Don't forget :
> CATALINA_HOME : the directory where you have installed Tomcat
> CATALINA_BASE : the directory where you install  your web applications
> They could be the same but, that is my point of vue, it is better to have
> two distinct repertories

I agree. Also these are the default directory layout and environment
variables in the Debian contrib 'tomcat4' packages. I did try setting
both to /usr/share/tomcat4, but still the same error was shown.

Regards,

Stuart