Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by JC <hi...@ee.ucr.edu> on 2005/12/28 22:39:08 UTC

[users@httpd] php & security per page per user

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to develop an internal website that requires security for
specific page per specific user.

For example:

I have page1.php, page2.php, page3.php, and page4.php.

I also have user1, user2, user3, and userx.  Each user has his/her own
password.

Now, user1 and user2 can only access page2.php and page4.php, but no other
page.  user3 can only access page2.php and page3.php.  userx can only
access page1.php.

Is there an easy way to implement this?

I plan to use apache & mysql for this project.  I also plan to use table
to store users, passwords, and page, but I'm not sure what's the best way to
accomplish this.

Thank you very much for any suggestions or comments.
JC

Re: [users@httpd] php & security per page per user

Posted by Gerry Danen <gd...@gmail.com>.
I have learned a lot from looking at scripts from hotscripts.com and
from phpBB. You may want to start there.

Check out http://www.hotscripts.com/ but be aware that not every
submission is a solid and secure program.

Gerry

Posted by Yanbin Ma <ym...@competitrack.com>.
Try this:

<LocationMatch /restricted_url>
AuthType Basic
AuthName "admins only"
AuthUserFile /your_path/your_user_pass_file.pass
Require user mini_me
Order Allow,Deny
Allow from 10.0.10.7
</LocationMatch>