Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Yossi Ittach <yo...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/26 13:50:48 UTC

Hbase 0.18 : java.lang.NullPointerException at java.lang.String.(String.java:433)

Hi all:

I'm afraid I don't have a lot to say about this exception , but I've
encountered it a several times so far, and I'm not sure what causes it. Have
any of you encountered it before?

java.lang.NullPointerException
       at java.lang.String.<init>(String.java:433)
       at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.Bytes.toString(Bytes.java:75)
       at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedException.getMessage(RetriesExhaustedException.java:50)
       at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedException.<init>(RetriesExhaustedException.java:40)
       at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$TableServers.getRegionServerWithRetries(HConnectionManager.java:863)
       at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.commit(HTable.java:964)
       at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.commit(HTable.java:950)
       at util.HBaseProxy.set(HBaseProxy.java:86)
       at benchmark.DBFiller.inputSourceFilesNTimes(DBFiller.java:125)
       at test.BenchmarkTests.basicBenchmarkTest(BenchmarkTests.java:46)
       at run.RunTests.main(RunTests.java:18)

Thanks.

Vale et me ama
Yossi

Re: Hbase 0.18 : java.lang.NullPointerException at java.lang.String.(String.java:433)

Posted by Samuel Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 8:50 PM, Yossi Ittach <yo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> I'm afraid I don't have a lot to say about this exception , but I've
> encountered it a several times so far, and I'm not sure what causes it.
> Have
> any of you encountered it before?
>
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>       at java.lang.String.<init>(String.java:433)
>       at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.Bytes.toString(Bytes.java:75)
>       at
>
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedException.getMessage(RetriesExhaustedException.java:50)
>       at

It seems that it happened when you can't not connect to the hbase master
server.
try to make sure you hbase cluster work correctly, or make sure the Hbase
cluster's version match the hbase's version your aplication used.