Posted to user@tika.apache.org by Clemens Wyss DEV <cl...@mysign.ch> on 2013/12/22 10:07:30 UTC

How can parsing a 5Mb take 3minutes?

I have a 3Mb pdf files (and others) that takes 3 minutes to extract ist content. In my test I am using AutodetectParser (and PDFParser).
I have built Tika from sources, i.e. am using 1.5 snapshot.

Can anybody explain why/how this is possible?

Where/how can I send the very document?

Regards
Clemens

Re: How can parsing a 5Mb take 3minutes?

Posted by Jeroen Reijn <j....@onehippo.com>.
Did you check what it was doing by getting a threaddump or using a profiler?

--
Jeroen Reijn
Hippo

Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston - 101 Main Street, Cambridge, MA 02142

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com

http://about.me/jeroenreijn

AW: How can parsing a 5Mb take 3minutes?

Posted by Clemens Wyss DEV <cl...@mysign.ch>.