Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by karan arjun <ka...@yahoo.com> on 2008/09/11 23:02:32 UTC

Newer version of jar files.

Hi,

I will be upgrading to WAS 6.1 from WAS 5.1.1.13. I have the following three jar files under the java\jre\lib\endorsed folder of Websphere:

dom3-xercesImpl-2.4.0.jar
dom3-xml-apis-2.4.0.jar
xalan-2.4.1.jar

The above files are compatible with the JDK 1.4 but now when I upgrade to WAS 6.1 it has JDK 1.5. Does anyone know whether newer versions of these files are available or not and where can I get it that are  compatible with JDK 1.5.

Thanks.

Re: Newer version of jar files.

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi,

The current versions of Xerces (2.9.1) [1] and Xalan (2.7.1) [2] implement
JAXP 1.3, the same level of XML APIs supported by Java 5 (i.e JDK 1.5).
They're available for download from the Xerces and Xalan websites and
should work fine on Java 5.

Thanks.

[1] http://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/
[2] http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/