Posted to pluto-user@portals.apache.org by sankarrv <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2007/08/08 15:32:40 UTC

Re: Portlet Not Deploying: Pluto 1.1.3

Hi, Can you tell me what changes you made to the XML to overcome the
Nullpointer exception that you were getting? I am getting stuck at the same
place where none of the portlets are working.

Regards,
Sankar

For the good of the group:  The issue was the context-path in the portlet
and portlet-app elements was not correct.  Once I changed it, it all worked!

      <page name="MyHelloWorldPortlet"
uri="/WEB-INF/themes/pluto-default-theme.jsp">
          <portlet context="/MyHelloWorldPortlet"
name="MyHelloWorldPortlet"/>
    </page>
  </render-config>

  <portlet-app>
      <context-path>/MyHelloWorldPortlet</context-path>
      <portlets>
        <portlet name="MyHelloWorldPortlet"/>
      </portlets>
  </portlet-app>

</pluto-portal-driver>

root cause

java.lang.NullPointerException

org.apache.pluto.driver.services.impl.resource.SupportedModesServiceImpl.isPortletModeSupportedByPortlet(SupportedModesServiceImpl.java:107)

org.apache.pluto.driver.services.impl.resource.SupportedModesServiceImpl.isPortletModeSupported(SupportedModesServiceImpl.java:80)

org.apache.pluto.driver.config.impl.DriverConfigurationImpl.isPortletModeSupported