Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by John S Little <JS...@Hendricks.org> on 2004/11/04 12:55:27 UTC

[users@httpd] enable-mods-shared=all question

Hello all!

When I use enable-mods-shared=all some of the modules, such as mod_ldap
and mod_auth_ldap don't get installed.  I was under the impression from
the manual that the all keyword would install all the modules listed in
the section "Modules, disabled by default".

Where can I find a list or how can I determine which modules the all or
most keywords will install?

Thanks,

John Little
HRH IS Department
317-718-4752
jslittl@hendricks.org
http://www.hendricks.org
http://www.hendrickshospital.org

Re: [users@httpd] enable-mods-shared=all question

Posted by Luis Moreira <lu...@esinnovation.pt>.

Eimantas Vaiciunas wrote:

>On Thursday 04 November 2004 13:55, John S Little wrote:
>

>>Hello all!
>>
>>When I use enable-mods-shared=all some of the modules, such as mod_ldap
>>and mod_auth_ldap don't get installed.  I was under the impression from
>>the manual that the all keyword would install all the modules listed in
>>the section "Modules, disabled by default".
>>

>I think you need to use enable-mods-shared=module1,module2,module3,...,modulen

I am not exactly an expert on the subject, but I think that there is a
difference between ENABLING and LOADING a module.
This command enables, it does not load them.

 From the docs :

|--enable-mods-shared=MODULE-LIST|

    Defines a list of modules to be enabled and build as dynamic shared
    modules. *This mean, these module have to be loaded dynamically by
    using the |LoadModule
    <http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_so.html#loadmodule>|
    directive.*

    MODULE-LIST is a space separated list of modulenames enclosed by
    quotation marks. The module names are given without the preceding
    |mod_|. For example:

    | --enable-mods-shared='headers rewrite dav' |

    Additionally you can use the special keywords |all| and |most|.

How are your "LoaModule" directives set ?
Also, as you can read above,
"enable-mods-shared=module1,module2,module3,...,modulen" is not the
correct syntax.

Re: [users@httpd] enable-mods-shared=all question

Posted by Eimantas Vaiciunas <ei...@sc.vu.lt>.