Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jonathan Nichols <jn...@pbp.net> on 2008/02/25 01:13:21 UTC

The 'believe-it' spams

Anyone catching these?

Here's a sample:

http://pastebin.ca/916902

Those have been slipping right through these days. Scores are in the
pastebin post.

SpamAssassin version 3.2.3
   running on Perl version 5.8.7

(From the Ubuntu package, which I cannot for the life of me figure out
how to extract version numbers from)

RE: Changing email address for these

Posted by Chris <Ch...@011005.com>.
Posted by Per Jessen <pe...@computer.org>.

Posted by Chris <Ch...@011005.com>.
Apologies if this hasn't been done in the right way, but I have gone to
the website and couldn't find out how to do it - how do you change the
email address that these get sent to please ?  I will be changing email
addresses and want to ensure I don't miss any posts.

Any help appreciated.

Chris.

Re: The 'believe-it' spams

Posted by Per Jessen <pe...@computer.org>.
Kathryn Allan wrote:

> How do you set a rule to expire?

I think you could use this construct:

if (conditional perl expression)
rules ...
endif

And do a check on the date in the expression.

/Per Jessen, Zürich

Re: The 'believe-it' spams

Posted by Bob Proulx <bo...@proulx.com>.
Kathryn Allan wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> > I just did the brute force thing and looked for an entire phrase from
> > that message.  It really isn't worthy and this will change very
> > quickly such that any rule I post now won't be interesting to have in
> > a ruleset in a couple of days.  It needs to expire.
>
> How do you set a rule to expire?

I use 'at' to set up a reminder email from cron to myself at some time
in the future.

  $ at 8 am + 1 week
  at> echo "Remember to clean up that hacked TV_ARM_SPAM rule." |
  at>   mailx -s "SA Rule Cleanup Reminder" rwp
  ^D

A week from now when I get the reminder in my mailbox I will look at
things and decide what to do about it then.  I prefer email for my
todo lists and reminders and use this a lot.

Somehow I don't think that is the answer you were expecting but it is
what I do just the same. :-)

Bob

Re: The 'believe-it' spams

Posted by Kathryn Allan <ka...@rheel.co.nz>.
How do you set a rule to expire?

Kate

Re: The 'believe-it' spams

Posted by Bob Proulx <bo...@proulx.com>.

Re: The 'believe-it' spams

Posted by Jonathan Nichols <jn...@pbp.net>.
On Feb 24, 2008, at 7:39 PM, Bob Proulx wrote:

> Jonathan Nichols wrote:
>> Anyone catching these?
>>
>> Here's a sample:
>>
>> http://pastebin.ca/916902
>>
>> Those have been slipping right through these days. Scores are in the
>> pastebin post.
>
> Even with a current sa-update and also Justin's (very wonderfully
> appreciated) sought.cf scores I only see HTML_MESSAGE and Bayes engine
> scores.  I added a custom rule for it here just today.

What was the rule you added? :)

Thanks for the note about sought.cf - i just added that a few minutes
ago.

Re: The 'believe-it' spams

Posted by Bob Proulx <bo...@proulx.com>.
Jonathan Nichols wrote:
> Anyone catching these?
>
> Here's a sample:
>
> http://pastebin.ca/916902
>
> Those have been slipping right through these days. Scores are in the
> pastebin post.

Even with a current sa-update and also Justin's (very wonderfully
appreciated) sought.cf scores I only see HTML_MESSAGE and Bayes engine
scores.  I added a custom rule for it here just today.

> SpamAssassin version 3.2.3
>   running on Perl version 5.8.7
>
> (From the Ubuntu package, which I cannot for the life of me figure out
> how to extract version numbers from)

The spamassassin --version output which you provided should be
sufficient.  In order to get the version number from the dpkg package
manager use either the -l (--list) option or the --status option.  (Or
there are other more fun ways too.)

  dpkg -l spamassassin

Or:

  dpkg --status spamassassin | grep Version:

Bob