Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Prashanth.S" <su...@yahoo.com> on 2004/01/10 04:08:08 UTC

Detecting PDF plugin on users browser

Hi all,
I need to detect weather pdf plugin is installed on users browser or not???
I have used "Accept" header from request to get all the mime types but it is not giving "application/pdf" as one of mime types and its giving rest of mime types along with */*

Than i used java script which creates Active x object....it works fine when i embed that on a standalone html but when i use the same html in resin web server it falis to create active x object????So are there any other alternatives????

Thanks
Prashanth

Re: Detecting PDF plugin on users browser

Posted by Mark Lowe <ma...@talk21.com>.
on mac and linux also?

Posted by "Prashanth.S" <su...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Mark Lowe <ma...@talk21.com>.