Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Thorbjoern Ravn Andersen <tr...@mrbean.stibo.dk> on 2000/11/01 10:55:17 UTC

Issuing SQL-requests in Xalan-1

We use the latest version of Xalan-1 for Java for several internal projects.
Now I am in the process of implementing a three-step assembly line for
web-pages (I solved my problem the other day) where one of the steps requires
either a lot of small SQL-queries or a large SQL-query to a variable
which then can be looked up in with the usual XPath commands.  This
single-query-to-variable approach is most likely what I want.

I have the appropriate select-statement ready in the XSLT-instance, and
a JDBC-connection.

What I would like is basically the functionality of the SQLProcessor in
Cocoon-1, but functioning in a Java-servlet where Xalan is called with
a sequence of processor.process calls.

Looking around at Google and the Apache site didn't help me.  Is there
any suggestions where I might find what I need?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

--
  Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen                   "...sound of... Tubular Bells!"
  http://bigfoot.com/~thunderbear

Re: Issuing SQL-requests in Xalan-1

Posted by Thorbjoern Ravn Andersen <tr...@mrbean.stibo.dk>.
* Thorbjoern Ravn Andersen <tr...@mrbean.stibo.dk> [Nov 01. 2000 10:56]:

> What I would like is basically the functionality of the SQLProcessor in
> Cocoon-1, but functioning in a Java-servlet where Xalan is called with
> a sequence of processor.process calls.

Just for the archives:  I ended up using the db2xml package available
from http://www.informatik.fh-wiesbaden.de/~turau/DB2XML/index.html,
which has a servlet to which the SQL-request can be forwarded to
directly.