Posted to dev@deltaspike.apache.org by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/18 01:58:00 UTC

[VOTE] coding conventions (DELTASPIKE-12)

Hi,

I asked [1] to add alternative settings to DELTASPIKE-12, since we have
seen several different opinions (about details).
Nobody added an alternative set. So I start the formal vote with the
suggested set right now.
If we don't see a majority, we have to re-visit this topic again (+ we
would need a new vote with at least one concrete alternative).

Please review the coding conventions at [2] and vote.
(Its content is also included below for your convenience).

[ ] +1 I'm ok with the coding conventions
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 I've major objections, because...

The vote is open for 72 hours.

Thanks,
Gerhard

[1] http://s.apache.org/Ga8
[2] http://s.apache.org/SAj

---

1) no tabs, only spaces (4 spaces).
2) bracelets on new line
3) force bracelets
4) 4 spaces indent size
5) a space between keyword and round bracket
6) a space before and after an operand
7) line width: 120
8) no underscore at the beginning
9) no wildcard imports

Re: [VOTE] coding conventions (DELTASPIKE-12)

Posted by Jakob Korherr <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1

Regards,
Jakob

--
Jakob Korherr

blog: http://www.jakobk.com
work: http://www.irian.at

Re: [VOTE] coding conventions (DELTASPIKE-12)

Posted by Antoine Sabot-Durand <an...@sabot-durand.net>.
+1

Antoine SABOT-DURAND

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Christian Kaltepoth <ch...@kaltepoth.de>.
+1 (non-binding)

--
Christian Kaltepoth
Blog: http://chkal.blogspot.com/

Re: [VOTE] coding conventions (DELTASPIKE-12)

Posted by Jason Porter <li...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
+1

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
+1

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
+1

--
Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf

Re: [VOTE] coding conventions (DELTASPIKE-12)

Posted by Shane Bryzak <sb...@gmail.com>.
+1

On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 10:58 AM, Gerhard Petracek <