Posted to dev@flume.apache.org by Lior Zeno <li...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/11 15:48:20 UTC

How to contribute?

Hi All,

I would like to make code contributions to the project, however I'm not
sure how.
I have sent a PR (FLUME-2726) on github a few days ago, but never got a
reply.

Please let me know how to properly get started.

Thanks

Re: How to contribute?

Posted by Hari Shreedharan <hs...@apache.org>.
We don't really need a vote, I think. We just need someone to work on
getting merge scripts in place (we could copy it from one of the
existing projects, like Spark).

Re: How to contribute?

Posted by Jeff Holoman <jh...@cloudera.com>.

--
Jeff Holoman

Re: How to contribute?

Posted by Lior Zeno <li...@gmail.com>.
Thank you. I attached a patch to the relevant JIRA issue.

How can I contribute to the next upcoming release? Most of the issues that
are tagged with "Fix version: 1.7.0" are in a "Patch available" status but
are still open.

Re: How to contribute?

Posted by Hari Shreedharan <hs...@apache.org>.
Hi Lior,