Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Anthony Baker <ab...@apache.org> on 2017/03/28 05:18:26 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Geode release - v1.1.1 RC2

This is the second release candidate of the release for Apache Geode,
version 1.1.1.

It fixes the following issues:
  https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12318420&version=12340271

*** Please download, test and vote by Thursday, March 30, 2200 hrs US
Pacific. ***

Note that we are voting upon the source (tag):
  rel/v1.1.1.RC2
  https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=geode.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/rel/v1.1.1.RC2

Commit ID: e2081044ea0afca1cb38d62c7f34e7363b45ad97

Source and binary files:
  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/geode/1.1.1.RC2/

Maven staging repo:
  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeode-1018

Geode's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
  https://github.com/apache/geode/blob/release/1.1.1/KEYS

pub  4096R/C72CFB64 2015-10-01
        Fingerprint=948E 8234 14BE 693A 7F74  ABBE 19DB CAEE C72C FB64

Thanks,
Anthony

Re: [VOTE] Apache Geode release - v1.1.1 RC2

Posted by Udo Kohlmeyer <uk...@pivotal.io>.
+1

Build source. Had one failure GEODE-2151
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GEODE-2151?jql=text%20%7E%20%22testRedundancySatisfactionPreferRemoteIp%22>

Started locator + servers + wan gateways.
Loaded data and ran simple queries.

Posted by Anthony Baker <ab...@pivotal.io>.
Interesting.  jansi has been upgraded on develop from 1.8 -> 1.14.

Re: Fwd: [VOTE] Apache Geode release - v1.1.1 RC2

Posted by Bruce Schuchardt <bs...@pivotal.io>.
I tried the 1.1.0 tag and had the same problem so maybe this isn't a
show-stopper for 1.1.1.

As a side note, I commented out the runtime dependency of geode-core on
jansi and "gradlew clean build" finished successfully as did a handlful
of distributedTests.

Le 3/31/2017  9:58 AM, Bruce Schuchardt a crit :

Posted by Avinash Dongre <ad...@apache.org>.
+1
Built from sources
Sanity check with gfsh

Thanks
Avinash

Posted by Bruce Schuchardt <bs...@pivotal.io>.
It seems to work fine once I remove that dependency.  I booted up a
server and a pub/sub cluster and it all worked fine.

Le 3/31/2017 � 1:56 PM, Anthony Baker a �crit :

Posted by Anthony Baker <ab...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Anthony Baker <ab...@pivotal.io>.
Thanks for the bug report.  I filed this as https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GEODE-2744.

Anthony

Posted by John Blum <jb...@pivotal.io>.
+0

--
-John
john.blum10101 (skype)

Re: Fwd: [VOTE] Apache Geode release - v1.1.1 RC2

Posted by Bruce Schuchardt <bs...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Xiaojian Zhou <gz...@pivotal.io>.
+1
built from source and run several dunits (the ones showed in regression #50)

Posted by Dick Cavender <dc...@pivotal.io>.
+1

Posted by Jared Stewart <js...@pivotal.io>.
+1

- Built from source
- Started cluster using gfsh, inserted data and ran queries from Pulse

Posted by Mark Bretl <as...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Anthony Baker <ab...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Kirk Lund <kl...@pivotal.io>.
I'll change my vote to +0. Go ahead and release now and then we should
define better criteria going forward.

Posted by Anthony Baker <ab...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Kirk Lund <kl...@apache.org>.

Posted by Anthony Baker <ab...@pivotal.io>.