Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Himanshu Patidar <hi...@hotmail.com> on 2013/10/21 13:49:30 UTC

Configuring flume with Ganglia

Hi,
I am trying to setup ganglia montioring for my flume agents.
I have updated flume-env.sh file with ganglia support.

Installed ganglia and its dependencies.
But when I try to run gmetad, it throws me these errors -
 Going to run as user hpatidarSources are ...Source: [Agent 1, step 15] has 2 sources        127.0.0.1        0.0.171.157xml listening on port 8651interactive xml listening on port 8652cleanup thread has been startedData thread 139791253305104 is monitoring [Agent 1] data source        127.0.0.1        0.0.171.157data_thread() for [Agent 1] failed to contact node 127.0.0.1data_thread() got no answer from any [Agent 1] datasource

Thanks,Himanshu

RE: Configuring flume with Ganglia

Posted by Himanshu Patidar <hi...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,
This my flume-env.sh file -
# Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one# or more contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file# distributed with this work for additional information# regarding copyright ownership.  The ASF licenses this file# to you under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the# "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance# with the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at##     http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0## Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software# distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,# WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.# See the License for the specific language governing permissions and# limitations under the License.
# If this file is placed at FLUME_CONF_DIR/flume-env.sh, it will be sourced# during Flume startup.
# Enviroment variables can be set here.
#JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun
# Give Flume more memory and pre-allocate, enable remote monitoring via JMX#JAVA_OPTS="-Xms100m -Xmx200m -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=43935 -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false"JAVA_OPTS="-Xms100m -Xmx200m -Dflume.monitoring.type=ganglia -Dflume.monitoring.hosts=localhost:43933"
# Note that the Flume conf directory is always included in the classpath.#FLUME_CLASSPATH=""

Apart from that I have a config file for gmetad, which has the data_sources : localhost:43933
I am running my flume agent and trying to view the graphs with gmetad+ganglia ui.
The ganglia ui is setup but I cannot view any graphs.
I have not configured gmond anywhere because as per my understanding, flume agent will be sending data (once ganglia params are set) and I will be capturing them from gmetad and displaying on ui.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,Himanshu

Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 11:37:34 -0700
Subject: Re: Configuring flume with Ganglia
From: roshan@hortonworks.com
To: user@flume.apache.org

it would be helpful to have your flume config

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 4:49 AM, Himanshu Patidar <hi...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi,
I am trying to setup ganglia montioring for my flume agents.
I have updated flume-env.sh file with ganglia support.

Installed ganglia and its dependencies.

But when I try to run gmetad, it throws me these errors -
 Going to run as user hpatidar
Sources are ...Source: [Agent 1, step 15] has 2 sources        127.0.0.1        0.0.171.157xml listening on port 8651interactive xml listening on port 8652
cleanup thread has been startedData thread 139791253305104 is monitoring [Agent 1] data source        127.0.0.1        0.0.171.157data_thread() for [Agent 1] failed to contact node 127.0.0.1
data_thread() got no answer from any [Agent 1] datasource

Thanks,Himanshu

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICENOTICE: This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any printing, copying, dissemination, distribution, disclosure or forwarding of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete it from your system. Thank You.

Re: Configuring flume with Ganglia

Posted by Roshan Naik <ro...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE