Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Casas, Claudia" <cc...@utep.edu> on 2005/01/13 19:49:03 UTC

sessions do not work from homedirs and servlets do not work through apache

Hello everyone,
I am using apache2, tomcat5.5, and jk2. I have configured my tomcat to
run from my user home directories.
Also I have configure apache to run with tomcat with jk2 through my home
directories as well.
Now, I am facing two problems that are driving me crazy, here they are
in order of importance given that I have to have two project up by
tomorrow and they do not work because of these issues, please help!!!

1)       JPS sessions are working through tomcat root but not from my
homedirs. There is an example called carts under the jsp-examples in
tomcat root and it works great in there. When I tried to run this same
example inside my home directoy it does not work. UseBean drops
previously created instances of a bean. So when a new jsp tries to read
parameters being passed from a previous jsp, everything is null because
the session is re-created and not re-used. Please someone tell me what
is going on. My real project uses jsp session and it is not working
because all the values are reading null!!

2)       the servlets work from tomcat port 8080 through my homedirs,
but through apache. JSP work through apache though. Example) The
following works fine:  http://myserver:8080/~ccasas/servlet/hello
<http://sp:8080/~ccasas/servlet/hello>  but I cannot make the following
work: http://myserver/~ccasas/servlet/hello

I would really appreciate your help on this, I am already going nuts.

<!--Claudia Casas-->