Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by JKnight JKnight <be...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/31 09:48:01 UTC

Cassandra data file corrupt

Dear all,

My Cassandra data file had problem and I can not get data from this file.
And all row after error row can not be accessed. So I lost a lot of data.

Will next version of Cassandra implement the way to prevent data lost. Maybe
we use the checkpoint. If data file corrupt, we will read from the next
checkpoint.

If not, can you suggest me the way to implement this function?

--
Best regards,
JKnight

Re: Cassandra data file corrupt

Posted by Stu Hood <st...@rackspace.com>.
808 depends on 674, which has not been fixed, so no, there is no code for 808.

Posted by JKnight JKnight <be...@gmail.com>.
Dear Jeremy Dunck,

Posted by Jeremy Dunck <jd...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stu Hood <st...@rackspace.com>.
Eventually the new file format will make it in with #674, and we'll be able to implement an option to skip corrupted data:

We're not ignoring this issue.

Cassandra has always supported two great ways to prevent data loss:

* Replication
* Backups

I doubt Cassandra will ever focus extensively on single-node recovery when it's so easy to wipe and rebuild any node from the cluster.

Posted by JKnight JKnight <be...@gmail.com>.
Dear David Timothy Strauss,

Could you tell me more detail about Backups? As I know, Cassandra data file
will compact new data, so it can be changed many times.

How to backup Cassandra data?

Thanks.