Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2008/04/24 18:47:30 UTC

Re: how to confirm that compiled rules are being used

try running with -D and look for the debug messages.

Posted by DAve <da...@pixelhammer.com>.
Chris Hoogendyk wrote:

> Justin Mason wrote:
>> try running with -D and look for the debug messages.
>>

> That was a fast reply. ;-)
>
> I'm running spamassassin out of mimedefang with mimedefang multiplexor
> as a milter in sendmail. It's also a fairly busy mta and I'm generating
> rather large log files already, which, by policy, we are keeping for at
> least 2 years. So, ...
>
> First, is there another way to tell?
>
> Second, if not, in my situation, is there an option I could put in
> /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf ? And will that debug stuff all land in
> my mail.log? I guess I could turn it on for a couple of minutes and then
> turn it off. A tail on the mail.log would give me immediate indications
> of what was happening.

bash-2.05b# spamassassin -D --lint 2>&1 | grep compile

--
In 50 years, our descendants will look back on the early years
of the internet, and much like we now look back on men with

Re: how to confirm that compiled rules are being used

Posted by Chris Hoogendyk <ho...@bio.umass.edu>.

Justin Mason wrote:
> try running with -D and look for the debug messages.

That was a fast reply. ;-)

I'm running spamassassin out of mimedefang with mimedefang multiplexor
as a milter in sendmail. It's also a fairly busy mta and I'm generating
rather large log files already, which, by policy, we are keeping for at
least 2 years. So, ...

First, is there another way to tell?

Second, if not, in my situation, is there an option I could put in
/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf ? And will that debug stuff all land in
my mail.log? I guess I could turn it on for a couple of minutes and then
turn it off. A tail on the mail.log would give me immediate indications
of what was happening.

Chris Hoogendyk

-
   O__  ---- Systems Administrator