Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Arun Kumar <ar...@ebusinessware.com> on 2006/06/26 09:07:51 UTC

fo:region-body column-count span

HI Friends,
There is option in FOP at fo:region-body level that we can define column-count for a page,
and using this we can implement a functionality that if text overflow in first coumn it will automatically flow to
next column ,
one limitation of this i found is that it work with attributes of block span=none,
if i say span= all ,
it will places the text in whole page spanning to all the columns,

my problem is that if i have column-count =3 or more and i want to span column to 2 not to all  it doesnot not work.
means i want to span page sequence column count to 2 not all.
is there any work around for this or any thing is there in fop-0.20.5 versions or later.

Regards
Arun

Re: fo:region-body column-count span

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Arun Kumar wrote:

<snip/>

> my problem is that if i have *column-count =3* or more and i want to
> *span column to 2* *not to all*  it doesnot not work.
> means i want to span page sequence column count to 2 not all.
> is there any work around for this or any thing is there in fop-0.20.5
> versions or later.

This isnt a bug. The XSL-FO specification dictates this behaviour. I'm
afraid you are stuck :(

Chris