Posted to dev@whirr.apache.org by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/18 23:20:59 UTC

[VOTE] Release Whirr 0.8.0 (second RC)

This is the second release candidate for Apache Whirr, version 0.8.0.

It fixes the following issues:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12321649&styleName=Html&projectId=12311110

*** Please download, test and vote by the end of the workday (Pacific time)
on Wednesday, August 22.

Note that we are voting upon the source (tag), binaries are provided for
convenience.

Source and binary files:
http://people.apache.org/~abayer/whirr-08.0-candidate-1<http://people.apache.org/~abayer/whirr-0.8.0-candidate-1>

Maven staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachewhirr-019

The tag to be voted upon:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/whirr/tags/release-0.8.0

Whirr's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/whirr/dist/KEYS

A.

Re: [VOTE] Release Whirr 0.8.0 (second RC)

Posted by Adrian Cole <ad...@jclouds.org>.
+1

builds fine.

I also untarred the dist and deployed unpackaged version of vblob to
vcloud with it.  absolutely no problems.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@cloudera.com>.
+1, sig/xsum are correct. I was able to build/install successfully,
contents look correct to me.

Note: the copyright is wrong in the notice file (needs to be updated to 2012)

Patrick

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.
Re-running core live tests now to verify this...

A.

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.
Hrm, yeah, those aren't even the live tests that are failing for you, and
they're working fine for me - can anyone else give them a shot to verify?

Posted by Adrian Cole <ad...@jclouds.org>.
WHIRR-641 should be in the final cut.  As Whirr 0.8.0 allows use of
private clouds as well private images.  The glitch fixed here is too
important to ignore.

-A

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Frank Scholten <fr...@frankscholten.nl>.

Posted by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Frank Scholten <fr...@frankscholten.nl>.
-1

Posted by Tom White <to...@cloudera.com>.
+1

Posted by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com>.
+1

I was able to re-build the binary release from the tag and all the tests
are passing (including the OSGi ones). I have also been able to start a
ZooKeeper cluster on Amazon as expected.

Note: I haven't tested all the services. I know some of them still don't
support start / stop / restart.

-- Andrei Savu / axemblr.com